Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I know someone would say that you can't get enough Macs, but this is getting embarrassing.
tooManyMacs.jpg

I think I have to hide the MacBook and the PowerBook before the cleaning lady comes on Thursday. (The monitor for the Mac mini is on another table.)

Anyone else think they have too many Macs? Lets see pics.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
sorry, no pics, but i have iMac G5 (rev. a), ibook g4 (rev a again, i think), iMac G4 (no clue about rev, need to check later), TiBook (last rev), iMac G3 (last version with 8.6 pre installed), and last (and far from least) is my Powerbook G4 (primary(rev d?)).

Fortunately, they aren't all in the same place. iMac (G4 and G5) are in seperate rooms, powerbook (1.5) is always near me, TiBook is in the same room as G5, iBook is in a various room, and iMac G3 is in the attic at the "other" location (out of state).

Any more questions?

BTW, as you can tell, i don't keep good track of rev's:eek: I don't have rev a anxiety (or whatever they call it now). never had a problem with imac g5 or ibook (this one is slow but…)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Whats crazy is those are new macs. If it was a 68k Mac, an G3 Tower, an ClamSheel iBook and an iMac G5 i could see it being all computers that got there $$$ worth but wow thats a lot of new Macs

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
zap2 said:
Whats crazy is those are new macs. If it was a 68k Mac, an G3 Tower, an ClamSheel iBook and an iMac G5 i could see it being all computers that got there $$$ worth but wow thats a lot of new Macs
I know, but they're all there for a reason. (And not just the reason that I get a little bit too excited when I watch Steve Jobs' keynotes).

The PowerBook was my first Mac. It's a 1GHz and the MacBook is ment to replace it. I'm going to sell the PowerBook.

The iMac has been my main computer since I got it late last spring. The MacBook will probably replace the iMac too, but I won't sell the iMac, I'll let my parents have it.

I bought the Mac mini because I thought it would be handy to have around, so technically I didn't have much reason to get it, but it was cheap (it's the G4 model), so why not.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Three isn't too many so I knew there had to be a mac mini hiding in that picture somewhere, but it's so tiny and inconspicuous that it took me a minute to find it! :p :eek:

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
gekko513 said:
technically I didn't have much reason to get it, but it was cheap (it's the G4 model), so why not.

I like the way you think! :D

I justify a lot of purchases with the same logic... sometimes i can be such an impulse buyer... it's cool.. i like it... im taking it home...

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
w_parietti22 said:
Dibs on the MBP!;) :p

edit: Oh wow, the Mac Mini is so small I didnt even notice it at first!

You already have an iBook, I would make better use of the MBP.. He should give it to me :D

But seriously, Gekko that is a wonderful set-up and you should keep them all :)

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
Sammis89 said:
How do you use the eMac with it being that low to the ground?

I use it mainly as a DVD player...and simple things like that. & I'm not sure if your talking to me because that eMac is actually my first mac, the iMac. :D

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
markkk! said:
jeez i neeed to do laundry.
:eek: I forgot my laundry in the dryer. Now I bet it's all wrinkly. :eek:

*runs off to the laundry room*

Edit: Who cares if underwear and t-shirts get wrinkly, anyway. I love your set up, too, markkk!

Sammis89

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
Sorry... i didnt even look closly at the pic... i was just like "That mac is on the ground", and wanted to find out why...

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
A Mac is like a Swiss Army knife. OK, some have more/better features than others, but you only need one.

You don't need four! :rolleyes: You're all messing up the market share figures! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.