Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
I have Quick Time Pro 6.0, but went I downloaded QT 6.1, I am no longer able to download movie clips or anything via QT!!!! What’s the Dealy yo???? :confused: :confused:

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Some movies can't be downloaded. Seriously, this time-- in OS X, Apple has made it impossible, as far as i can tell. i wanted to get a video clip from HBO.com, and i tried everything-- including editing the source code of the page, it would seem the movies have a built-in protection.

Browser caches are now, as far as i can tell, not viewable as in 9-- so I couldn't get it there either.

very unhappy with this :*(

pnw

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
BTW, found the work-around if anyone cares. Netscape, IE and Safari all use unique cache file systems, so far as i can tell, but iCab doesn't... So load the movie, then go dig through the iCab cache.

Of course, it's probably illegal to circumvent the copy-protection, so this is for informative purposes only...

pnw

MacBandit

macrumors 604
What I usually do is I find the direct link for the movie you want and then I either copy and paste it into a download management program or if it's a clickable link I right click on it and save the link rather then viewing it in the browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.