PDA

View Full Version : refurbished intel iBooks

bill4588
Mar 14, 2006, 03:46 PM
how long (after release) will it be before we start to see refurbished intel iBooks? I would like to get one of those if they are reasonably priced. But I don't think I'll be able to get a refurb one by late May (graduation - this is a graduation gift btw). If I can't get a refurb intel iBook, will i be fine with a G4? I'd like for this to last all 4 years of college but I may upgrade in a couple of years.

yankeefan24
Mar 14, 2006, 03:49 PM
Don't get a G4 unless absolutely necessary. You can't get the intel iMacs yet refurb so…

bill4588
Mar 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
why shouldnt i get a G4?

York-Diuck
Mar 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
He/she is probably gonna say something along the lines that it won't last as long. But in reality you only want it for four years of school, so whats the difference, your gonna upgrade anyway. The only thing you'll be missing out in an intel ibook is a few new specs, higher pricing, and likely a few problems associated with rev a models.
I am in university and have the current model, which has been fine for what I need it for (ms office, surfing, chatting, blah blah). If your going to be doing the same then I think if u want it get it. It's always nice to have the latest and greatest thing, but in reality its usually not needed.

yankeefan24
Mar 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
The G4 is already outdated and the last product to have one is going to be replaced really soon.

I have "latest and greatest disorder", so i always say to get whatever is new and reccomend it to others. If you don't like the intel ibooks, you'll still be able to get the g4's places for a while. But intel is the future. remember that.

bill4588
Mar 14, 2006, 04:52 PM
thanks for the help York! yeah ill just be doing the same thing that you are. plus a refurbished G4 is about $150 (at least) cheaper, so that's sounding like the way to go....but if anyone else can persuade me then feel free to lol.

celebrian23
Mar 14, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm in a similar situation, except I'm mbp vs. pb instead of ibook. I too want a computer to last me through 4 years, which is the most likely scenario (my college years as well). It's hard to resist the prices on the refurbed PBs especially, but Intel really is what it's all about now. I've dropped any notion of the PB. They are the past, and if you want something to run smoothly for 4 years, you don't want to get an older version, that'll soon be completely phased out all together. My 2 cents.