Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
I have a bucnh of album artwork that I want to make into my myspace background...and I have no idea how to do it! I want it to look like it does when you turn on the iTunes artwork screensaver, when they show a bunch at the same time. It looks so cool! Can anyone help me??

thanks in advance. :D

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
Mostly, but not to make a collage, I also don't know where to get all those artwork things without copying and pasting everysingle one from my iTunes thingy.

C

CompUser

Either spend the time making it in photoshop, individually placing each picture in, which is time consuming, but it should not be very hard to do. Or, just turn on the screen saver, and snap a pic of it. I tried it, It came out ok, not great, things are cut off, but its not horrible IMO. Too bad it is showing the albums of my most embarrassing artists. :(

P1010006.jpg

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
How did you manage to take a snapshot without the screensaver going away?

C

CompUser

I took it with my camera at 1600x1200 resolution. Not bad for a picture of an LCD.

Sorry for the confusion.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Use the app called "Clutter" and fill your desktop with the albums you want. Then grab a screenshot of your desktop and edit it in photoshop.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
if your using a Mac you can set the screen saver like said before, go into "Grab" and do select timer or something like that, i use hot corners so after u press ok it gives you 10 seconds which should be enough time to capture it...

edit its time screen
edit 2 - worked for me - wow i listen to bad music :eek:

Attachments

• album.jpg
    album.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,193

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
CompUser said:
Either spend the time making it in photoshop, individually placing each picture in, which is time consuming, but it should not be very hard to do. Or, just turn on the screen saver, and snap a pic of it. I tried it, It came out ok, not great, things are cut off, but its not horrible IMO. Too bad it is showing the albums of my most embarrassing artists. :(

<SNIP IMAGE>
WOW What's Arthur and Buster doing in your album art!?
"It's a simple message, and it comes from the heart . . ."

::20ROGERSC::

jkballer23

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
while this doesn't help solve the problem which you have figured out, but if you hit command+shift+3 you can take a screenshot of your workspace. If you hit command+shift+4 a crosshair comes up and you can click and drag the area you want to capture. Finally, if you hit space after the crosshair shows up you can capture the images of open windows. Thought you might like to know:p.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
jkballer23 said:
while this doesn't help solve the problem which you have figured out, but if you hit command+shift+3 you can take a screenshot of your workspace. If you hit command+shift+4 a crosshair comes up and you can click and drag the area you want to capture. Finally, if you hit space after the crosshair shows up you can capture the images of open windows. Thought you might like to know:p.

woah, thanks I didn't know that...I ALWAYS use 'Grab', even though it takes less than half a bounce to open, it's still a lot easier to use the shortcuts you mentioned.

thanks!:)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Another built-in feature in Mac OS X to try is in iTunes.

If you setup a playlist and then go to Print. It will give you options to create a CD cover, select White Mosaic, and it will make a picture based on the Albums in the playlist. Hit Print, and then save as a PDF, and you can manipulate the picture that way.

That is a great feature in iTunes. Anyone?
And the Grab program is a great tip too, never even knew it existed.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Here's an easy way I figured out how to take a shot of a screensaver awhile ago. Go into system preferences < desktop & screensavers, select the screen saver you'd like then hold down cmd + shift then press the test button. When the screensaver comes up, while still holding cmd + shift press 3 and you'll get your shot. As long as you continue holding cmd + shift it will not disappear even after you press 3, that way you could take multiple shots in one go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.