PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook/Macbook Pro dilemma...

TrashCanDan
Mar 15, 2006, 12:16 AM
Recently my Powerbook G4 took a nasty spill in the parking lot on my way to work:( . Which is ironic since I work for an independent Apple reseller. I had the store tech diagnose it and the damage came out to be the upper display, and the bottom housing need to be replaced, and mabey some internals not functioning down the road. I have AppleCare but of course it doesn't cover accidental damage. The Grand total to bring my PB back to life is around $800.00 bones. Which has me thinking about a new Mac-Book Pro which is about 1k more with the student discount. My PB is almost 2 years old and even if I get the display and bottom housing replaced some other parts could fail soon after. It would be nice to have something new but then again I really don't need the speed in a portable. So there is my dilemma.

So I thought I would post my little problem here and see if you guys have any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks!:D

w8ing4intelmacs
Mar 15, 2006, 12:24 AM
don't forget to ebay your broken pb. either part it out or sell it as is.

Grimace
Mar 15, 2006, 12:24 AM
MacBook Pro. No one ever "needs" faster!!

Some people on Ebay and Craigslist will pay for your damaged Powerbook. You could get $200 out of it if someone wants to take on the repair costs ($1000 for a 2yr old PB isn't a bad deal.)