Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

encro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
There seems to be something wrong with the AIM image in the forums and user profiles. The image is now a black and white avatar that uses the dashboard refresh effect. Can someone restore the original image please or at least explain why its there?

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
encro said:
There seems to be something wrong with the AIM image in the forums and user profiles. The image is now a black and white avatar that uses the dashboard refresh effect. Can someone restore the original image please or at least explain why its there?

You have the option to command the E key to help you solve your problem.

encro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
Hmmm let me guess what you are trying to say, since you went all leftfield on me:

Youre asking me to do ⌘⎇E?
Well thats not going to work too well in Camino neither will ⌘-shift-R and emptying the cache won't fix it anyway as I don't use a cache

Youre asking me to ⌘E?
Well thats not too helpful either, as searching this page simply won't return the result I'm after.

You are using it as an analogy to actually tell me to bother searching the forums for the answer?
Been there, done that also and nothing really helpful came up from searching for 'AIM' or 'Avatar'. I scanned the returned results and nothing come up that I would even regard as relevant.

Well I've wasted time replying to a completely unhelpful post in the first place which I can only assume was just written to help increase your macrumors post count. I don't mean to sound sarcastic but it would have been nice if you took the time to show some community spirit :( and the problem is fixed now anyway...

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
encro said:
Well I've wasted time replying to a completely unhelpful post in the first place which I can only assume was just written to help increase your macrumors post count.

I have no idea how many posts I have and could give a rats ass less anyways.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic but it would have been nice if you took the time to show some community spirit :( and the problem is fixed now anyway...

How does answering your question NOT show community spirit? I was trying to not make you look stupid for asking a dumb question and you are going to get mad at me for it?

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Anyone that actually checks their posts consistently (or ever, really) needs to be harmed. In the body - which includes chest, neck, and general groin area.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
calebjohnston said:
Anyone that actually checks their posts consistently (or ever, really) needs to be harmed. In the body - which includes chest, neck, and general groin area.

Was that directed at me?

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
encro said:
Hmmm let me guess what you are trying to say, since you went all leftfield on me:

Youre asking me to do ⌘⎇E?
Well thats not going to work too well in Camino neither will ⌘-shift-R and emptying the cache won't fix it anyway as I don't use a cache

Youre asking me to ⌘E?
Well thats not too helpful either, as searching this page simply won't return the result I'm after.

You are using it as an analogy to actually tell me to bother searching the forums for the answer?
Been there, done that also and nothing really helpful came up from searching for 'AIM' or 'Avatar'. I scanned the returned results and nothing come up that I would even regard as relevant.

Well I've wasted time replying to a completely unhelpful post in the first place which I can only assume was just written to help increase your macrumors post count. I don't mean to sound sarcastic but it would have been nice if you took the time to show some community spirit :( and the problem is fixed now anyway...

Whoa calm down!

If you looked at it closely, hes telling you to hit Command + Option + E

encro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
ReanimationLP said:
Whoa calm down!

If you looked at it closely, hes telling you to hit Command + Option + E

Yep, I know :) That's what my first assumption was as to refreshing the cache. I posted the response when I was very tired so consequently put heat on Skoker for his response. My apologies...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.