PDA

View Full Version : How to make Dell 2005fpw work with ibook

reverseco
Mar 15, 2006, 09:13 AM
i just bought a 20" dell 2005fpw display to use with my ibook g4 which has a ati mobility radeon 9200 graphics card. however, when i hooked up the dell display last night, it had the same resolution as the ibook had, or in other words, it was just being 'mirrored' from the ibook.
is there any way that i can have the ibook resolution settings stay at the same that they are at, which is 1024 X 768, and have the new dell display be at a higher resolution?
because right now, the way things look on the new dell display is kinda distorted and stretched...

please help

aquajet
Mar 15, 2006, 09:15 AM
Download and install this (http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html)

findpankaj
Mar 15, 2006, 09:17 PM
Download and install this (http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html)

I had a similar query sometime back. After all the discussions and getting view of so many geeks, i found that this software will actually solve your problem but this may void your warranty. The software changes your firmware which apple considers to be improper and may well refuse to acknowledge your warranty.

However you can always uninstall this software but I don't know whether that can save your warranty (apple might not come to know about your hac)....question still remains....whether we should or shouldn't ...:mad:

ITASOR
Mar 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
However you can always uninstall this software but I don't know whether that can save your warranty (apple might not come to know about your hac)....question still remains....whether we should or shouldn't ...:mad:

You can use the program's uninstall feature to remove it at any time. If for some reason your computer will not boot, you can simply hold CMD OPTION P R at startup to reset the PRAM, which will clear the hack.

Apple can't tell it's been installed if it's removed, especially if they aren't looking for that. People have sent their computers in for service with the hack installed and Apple made no mention of it.