Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Something broke within my iPod, because I can't get any sound from it through the headphone jack. It plays fine when connected to the computer, so it's obviously a broken wire or something with the jack. Can I get this repaired without paying through the *** to do so? I have a 3G, so there's no chance it's under warranty.

And please, don't just say I should buy a new one, because I don't have the income.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Pittsax said:
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Something broke within my iPod, because I can't get any sound from it through the headphone jack. It plays fine when connected to the computer, so it's obviously a broken wire or something with the jack. Can I get this repaired without paying through the *** to do so? I have a 3G, so there's no chance it's under warranty.

And please, don't just say I should buy a new one, because I don't have the income.

my sound doesn't work sometimes too. Also mine doesn't play when it says its playing, its almost like its freezing. To fix mine i just do a soft reset (hold menu and select) or for your third i think its menu and play)

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
puckhead193 said:
my sound doesn't work sometimes too. Also mine doesn't play when it says its playing, its almost like its freezing. To fix mine i just do a soft reset (hold menu and select) or for your third i think its menu and play)
That's not the problem for me, since everything works fine except for the fact that I can't hear anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.