Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Look I don't really understand why everyone is so pissed because Jobes didn't deliver every rumored product. Well for one thing the only real things were the g4 update, 10.1, 9.2, and the flat panel imac. 9.2 will most likely either be his one last thing or will come out this fall. The flat panel imac is a long story but here it is the discontued the cube which apple is almost promising that theyl'l bring back is part of this. Next huge amounts of "spy photos" most fake and maybe one of them is a prototype. So as said by someone at http://www.macosrumors.com "Merge a 15-inch Studio Display with the G4 Cube, shake vigorously, and you've got the concept for the new iMac's enclosure. Thing is, Apple has been playing it fast and loose with its prototypes, often including no enclosure or sending out several different versions of the plastics to different testing sites....so nobody really knows which of the futuristic looks we've been seeing is the right one." As you see that a g4 cube mixed with a flat screen is the basic design, in a way apple is bringing the cube back just as an all-in-one version. This will probably also be the 25th. anniversary mac. No I don't work for apple because if i did why would i tell you this. Lastly this is purely something that hit me and seemed to make perfect sense but still im almost definitly wrong somehow but anyways thanks for readind this and il'l be waiting for any replys.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i'm glad someone understands all this-jk

i like to see that other people can accept their rumors being wrong-that's why they are called rumors. anyway-the newest article i saw was about stevie and the flat panel imac-seriously, just keep watching lcd prices, when they go low enough, apple will unveil what they probly already have finished.

Gallifrey

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
Prototype on TechTV

My boyfreind said that when he was watching Tech TV a week ago they had a part about a LCD iMac prototype. So I guess the prototypes are not fake and only a matter of time before they are announced. I remeber when I first heard about the cube and it was several MacWorld Expos before it was actually announced. Just a matter of time my fellow Mac users. Just a matter of time...

P.S Don't get upset about a rumor not comming true this time around. It is immature and silly. Remeber the best things come by waiting.

Evergreen

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
Jobs got on stage and delivered the same computers that he did at the last expo, only with a new color and overclocked CPUs. We needed DDR, more RAM slots, and 10.1; instead we got the same line with new bells and whistles.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
simmer down-apple is actually a small company compared to others. i know a lot of people who can use those higher clock speeds, not to mention the price of those g4s.

like Gallifrey said "P.S Don't get upset about a rumor not comming true this time around. It is immature and silly. Remeber the best things come by waiting."

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
So Mofo

Originally posted by Gallifrey
My boyfreind said that when he was watching Tech TV a week ago they had a part about a LCD iMac prototype
That is exactly what I'm saying. Calm down, geesh. I'm sick of people ragging on Apple (Meeehhhh... it's not so special) Take that long pole out of your... *sighs* Anyways, I was impressed by this expo. I wasn't expecting LCD iMacs and palms and all. I know those things are still in their developing stages. Those G4s with new duals =P~~~ One day those will be released. I'm predicting around in October, Handhelds before Christmas. And the thing on Tech TV I saw, the pic of the iMac looked like the old style 15" flat panels, just thicker with the CD slot on top like the cube. Really cool. And they might have the same G4 chip that's in the powerbooks (to prevent burn-up) This is all quite exciting. Apple is really paving the path that will shape the new generation of computers. Like she said, patience is good =)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
right on

yeah! are we enthusiasts or just whiners. If we can get away from the wild speculation and emotional attatchment thereto and really discuss this stuff Apple's lurkers might get some neat ideas. What do we really need to soak up some of that Joe User market?

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Unfortunately, probably Windows and lower price tags, the first of which would completely defeat all that is Apple. It'll be a long time before John Q. Public wakes up and sees the light.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
No need

I have no desior to turn John Q. Public in to Mac heads. If every one Drove a BMW.. then it just wouldn't be a BMW now would it? And as for the rumors... they were just rumors. I admit that I was a little disapointed that the QuickSilver does not support DDR but its ok. I have been waiting for the new Machines.. and now Its time to buy. LCD iMacs are comming soon, most likey. I didnt even think it would be this soon. LCD's are still too pricy for a consumer level computer. But hell.. if Apple can do it... more power to them.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
smeg-head

Im not sure if i would want an LCD imac anyway, i mean when i look at an lcd display i hate the way it goes grey as soon as you dont look at it straight on.
I much preffer CRTs, if only they were flat.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: smeg-head

Originally posted by spikey
Im not sure if i would want an LCD imac anyway, i mean when i look at an lcd display i hate the way it goes grey as soon as you dont look at it straight on....

The new LCD's have gotten much better about that. The high end ones like the ones that Apple makes are viewable at alomost any anlge. I am planning on getting a 17' soon with a new QuickSilver. I just dont think that a LCD would work in a consumer end computer. I mean. I you can get an LCD for like $350 right now... but is 14' and the resoultion is crap. Protables have nicer screens than the cheep ones. There is even a all-in-one windows box with an LCD on the market. But the guts inside are patendick. It wouldn't enven be ok for a little kids room. They had to use cheep outdated parts to cover the price of the LCD.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Re: 14" displays

A 14 inch LCD screen would actually be LARGER then the current iMac screen. Remember, a 15-inch CRT is 13.8 inch viewable, whereas with LCD's there is no "viewable" size. 14 inch means 14 inch viewable.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
thats true

Thats true. my 15' iMac seems so tiny. Im not saying that I wount want an iMac with an LCD... I just dont think that its const effective for a consumer end computer. If Apple can do it and keep the price down... then hell.... more power to them. I would love to see that. I just think its a little time away. I heard that they have it done.. they just havent put it into produciton yet... probably due to cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.