PDA

View Full Version : iPod hard drive noise

Peyton
Mar 16, 2006, 03:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the noise of their 4G iPod's hard drive noise. It seems to be getting increasingly worse, as I never remember hearing it before, but now it makes sounds like its aching and I don't know what to do.

Its a clickwheel model that I got in July 2004, I'll be getting a new one once they throw in BT, but would like to keep this one around for the heck of it.

Any thoughts? Easy fixes?

mrwildguitar
Mar 16, 2006, 03:44 AM
Ok, I'm no expert, but could it be a failing hard drive?

DCapple
Mar 16, 2006, 03:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the noise of their 4G iPod's hard drive noise. It seems to be getting increasingly worse, as I never remember hearing it before, but now it makes sounds like its aching and I don't know what to do.

Its a clickwheel model that I got in July 2004, I'll be getting a new one once they throw in BT, but would like to keep this one around for the heck of it.

Any thoughts? Easy fixes?

if it gets worst go to your local apple store where it can be look at...before something more horrible happens...i hope it still covered by the warranty...is it still covered?

mad jew
Mar 16, 2006, 05:27 AM
If you have a mac, you can plug it in, open up Disk Utility in the Utilities folder, select the iPod on the left and Repair The Disk. This may help. :)