Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
Hey guys and gals!!!

So ive been a PC user for many years now....*watches to see if people try to hit him*..but i LEARNED on MAC......good? =P

Ok so i have a bunch of old classics, and am looking into getting a new laptop one day soon, but basically im here to get my feet wet in the mac world again. Its been YEARS....i mean YEARS...about 12 to be more specific.

I just picked up a G3 iBook (see sig for series) and im interested in learning all i can about this foreign computer again.

You think this is the right place? ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
hey there is a thread just for you, search the stickies

because all the kids will laught at you if you post about something that was in a sticky

you dumbass

ah posting and you

you learned on an access controller that is pretty good, now if only you learned on a Mac

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
eva01 said:
hey there is a thread just for you, search the stickies

because all the kids will laught at you if you post about something that was in a sticky

you dumbass

ah posting and you

haha I love that video

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
heh heh....im not new to forums at all...im a moderator over at a PC forum called Tweaknews.net.....=]

I learn much better when i ask questions for myself.....but im SO lost with these things that i figured a quick start to know what questions to search for was in order....

...i mean...i know i dont stick my floppy cableinto the cd drive so i can fax my pictures to my video camera....but still...a little babying might be in order...=P

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Togglehead said:
heh heh....im not new to forums at all...im a moderator over at a PC forum called Tweaknews.net.....=]

I learn much better when i ask questions for myself.....but im SO lost with these things that i figured a quick start to know what questions to search for was in order....

...i mean...i know i dont stick my floppy cableinto the cd drive so i can fax my pictures to my video camera....but still...a little babying might be in order...=P

what the hell :rolleyes:

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
You can get a lot of good advice on how to use your Mac, but it's probably not the best thing to ask Mac-using questions in the Community forum since there are other forums here that are more geared to that.

I have come ot learn that the Search feature is your friend (allbeit I do get lazy from time to time). Search for whatever you have a question on first before posting and you will save yourself the hassle of harrassment and you may get your answers a lot faster from someone else who has already answered the same question.

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
LOL

i was simply trying to emphasize that i know my stuff when it comes to gadgets and PC's....but as for macs...i stopped using them regularly at the performa 450.....(which i still have somewhere)

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
floriflee said:
You can get a lot of good advice on how to use your Mac, but it's probably not the best thing to ask Mac-using questions in the Community forum since there are other forums here that are more geared to that.

I have come ot learn that the Search feature is your friend (allbeit I do get lazy from time to time). Search for whatever you have a question on first before posting and you will save yourself the hassle of harrassment and you may get your answers a lot faster from someone else who has already answered the same question.

yeah that makes sense.....im not new to forums....just basically intrducing myself...cuz you'll probably be seeing a lot of me....*grins devilishly*

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Well I would suggest going to maybe a section of the forum that centers around Macs. This is for Off Topic discussion, where most people got get away from the mac threads. Just some adviced.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Togglehead said:

Your a Mod at a site which has anit Mac ads for Window Xp(its a big X over an eMac, then something about pro window Xp):eek:

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
HEH HEH...you know...i never even noticed that....

...but yeah...i get made fun of over there too for liking macs....lol

but any knowledgable PC user i know respects macs for what they are too....=]

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
iphil said:
The Welcome thread to MR :eek: :eek:

the site: tweaknews.net is too busy for my taste :p :p

heh hhe...yeah i introduced myself there too....=] i noticed it after i started this thread

*shrugs* not everything is for everyone....=]

looks like i just added another system to my sig too.....a nice little orange iMac....will post specs tonight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.