Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacWacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
My brother has a 14" iBook G4. He's completely computer illiterate and has asked me, the admitted computer geek, for help with his battery life. He takes frequent trips to Thailand and is looking for a battery for his computer that will last the entire 12 hour flight. He says his coach seat does not usually have a power outlet at his seat and the only way will be a battery. Does anyone know if an internal or external aftermarket battery that would provide power for an extended period of time?

thanks!

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
MacWacker said:
My brother has a 14" iBook G4. He's completely computer illiterate and has asked me, the admitted computer geek, for help with his battery life. He takes frequent trips to Thailand and is looking for a battery for his computer that will last the entire 12 hour flight. He says his coach seat does not usually have a power outlet at his seat and the only way will be a battery. Does anyone know if an internal or external aftermarket battery that would provide power for an extended period of time?

thanks!

An extra full-charged battery(or two) would be his only choice.

MacWacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
That's what I've told him, but he's convinced there's a better way. No one knows of some sort of battery "brick" out there that would let you plug in externally to the iBook to extend the battery life. They have similar things for the iPod, just thought someone might have come up for one for laptops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.