Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Okay, I know we can boot Windows on a mac and all that.
How about virtualization? I read the the people behind Q are working overtime at this but I wanted to know if anyone has any insight, discussion, flames, completely unrelated conversation on the subject.
I don't want to partition my beautiful new mac! Arrghhh!

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Kingsly said:
Okay, I know we can boot Windows on a mac and all that.
How about virtualization? I read the the people behind Q are working overtime at this but I wanted to know if anyone has any insight, discussion, flames, completely unrelated conversation on the subject.
I don't want to partition my beautiful new mac! Arrghhh!

Eh, just do it. Another advantage of repartition/reinstall of OS, is you can customize the OS install, and take out all that crap that it usually puts on, like language support, extra programs, etc. You can save a decent amount of space!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Kingsly said:
Language support? Is that the UI in a different language only? Because I want to be able to type in different languages to friends in europe and asia. How much space could be potentially saved?

Yes, that would be the GUI language support. Typing in other languages is fine. Example: There is no "Hebrew" localization for OS X, but I can still type in Hebrew.

You can save about 700MB to 1GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.