PDA

View Full Version : iLife Shipping


MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
I recieved an email from Apple that says my Ilife has been shipped on 1/29/03.

rainman::|:|
Jan 30, 2003, 01:06 AM
yay!

now when will the two free components be available for download?? right now i'll only be able to make use of iPhoto 2, but still...

ah, hopefully sometime tomorrow (or this afternoon i should say)...

pnw

MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 01:12 AM
I smell it coming soon. You think it would be released before the new iApps

dricci
Jan 30, 2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by MontanaMacster
I smell it coming soon. You think it would be released before the new iApps

Why's that? iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3 are running fine for me on 10.2.3.

iAlan
Jan 30, 2003, 07:47 AM
I always thought 10.2.4 was needed for iDVD3??
Maybe the update is large (as discussed in another thread somewhere) and is included with the CD's??
Anyways...bring them on...

MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dricci


Why's that? iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3 are running fine for me on 10.2.3.

The pirated versions you are running are just macworld versions not the final product

LethalWolfe
Jan 30, 2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by iAlan
I always thought 10.2.4 was needed for iDVD3??
Maybe the update is large (as discussed in another thread somewhere) and is included with the CD's??
Anyways...bring them on...

IIRC Apple "recommends" 12.2.3 for iDVD 3, but 10.1.5 will work.


Lethal

Backtothemac
Jan 30, 2003, 03:04 PM
Apple has release some copies to Apple employees for testing, so it may not be pirated.

Secondly, the 10.2.4 address issues with the new PowerMacs, so 10.2.4 will be needed for best stability.

D0ct0rteeth
Jan 30, 2003, 04:08 PM
Apple to release iMovie 3, iPhoto 2 tomorrow

Apple today announced to .Mac members that both iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 will be available as downloads on January 31st from Apple's Website.

-Doc

MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
Apple to release iMovie 3, iPhoto 2 tomorrow

Apple today announced to .Mac members that both iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 will be available as downloads on January 31st from Apple's Website.

-Doc

I don't see this anouncement any where. Even if log in to .Mac

G4scott
Jan 30, 2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by MontanaMacster


I don't see this anouncement any where. Even if log in to .Mac

It was in the .Mac connection e-mail...

MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 05:03 PM
Is this actualy from apple? I'm not doubting you, just want to how to be signed up for this newsletter.

RBMaraman
Jan 30, 2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MontanaMacster
Is this actualy from apple? I'm not doubting you, just want to how to be signed up for this newsletter.

.Mac Connection is the newsletter for .Mac members. In order to receive it, you must be a paying .Mac member.

MontanaMacster
Jan 30, 2003, 05:32 PM
I never have recieved a .mac connection email

GeneR
Jan 30, 2003, 07:46 PM
I thought someone said somewhere (I can't recall) that iLife comes free on desktops and not on laptops. Any truth to this? Hope not.

:confused:

SoonToGetAMac
Jan 30, 2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by GeneR
I thought someone said somewhere (I can't recall) that iLife comes free on desktops and not on laptops. Any truth to this? Hope not.

:confused:

Nope, all the iApps/iLife Package comes free on all Apple products (except for Xserve, mabye)

iJon
Jan 30, 2003, 10:57 PM
where is this connection email i am suppose to get, i have .mac and i dont get it. plus with that picture for download, it doesnt say anythinga bout .mac users getting it tomorrow, whats the deal??

iJon