Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Hey,

So I have a site that needs to be finished on Monday morning - and I have one major problem. The front page is a 780x440 QuickTime intro. I need a livetype expert, or even someone who is mildly good at it to create it for me..

In terms of style, I'd ideally like something like this (http://pulsar.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/graphics/movies/wwdc_ipod+itunes_m480.mov) - but it'll mainly need to be text with maybe a couple of scrolling screenshots thrown in..

I already have the backing music and a background I'd like to use also. So really it's a case of piling on some text and effects to match the music. If you think you're up to the job, please email (asif786@gmail.com) or PM me with a rough figure for the job, a timsescale and a previous example of effects work.

This needs to be a rush job..ideally fully completed in the next 24 hours [so it probably wasnt the best time to post this..when most americans are asleep..ah well :/)

Thanks,
Asif

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Ouch, the timing is a little pressed for most anyone. Unfortunately I cannot help you as my plate is a quite full right now. But for those that might be on the fence please consider posting additional details (or amending your first post with them).

What is the duration of this intro that needs to be created?

You need this completed Monday morning... in which time zone? I assume yours, but you mentioned "U.S." in your post.

Consider being clear about what your expectations are. A "guru" and someone who is "mildly good" represent very different standards.

Also, and most importantly, if you are truly are seeking animated text as in the link you provided, try changing the title of your thread to reflect your desire for a "text-animator" or "after effects guru". Livetype might work well for simple scrolling text and some text animations... but that crazy flying, spinning, offset animations are best left to After Effects. Someone who might be very good at After Effects would probably never look at a thread about LiveType (it is likely a program they never touch). Frankly, more people use After Effects than Livetype.

Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you find that star text-animator. Good Luck.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
while i'm not in the situation to help, i'd love to know how some of those text bits were done in that video. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.