PDA

View Full Version : .Mac Address Book Sync!

mcrain
Jan 30, 2003, 09:36 AM
The new version of .Mac now works with the iSync to sync all your contacts with your address book on your computer!

For weeks it said that it was coming soon, but it now shows that it actually works.

I can't wait to get home and sync!

mcrain
Jan 30, 2003, 09:42 AM
Sorry for the double post, but HOLY COW!

I'm at work, on a PC with none of my home contacts. I went to my .mac account to "turn on" the syncing in the .mac address book, and when I did, it said syncing now.

Somehow, all of the contacts from my home computer are now on my .mac address book!

It synced with my home computer... Either the info was already in my account and just updated into .mac or I can sync with a computer that I'm not at!

This is so cool!

robbieduncan
Jan 30, 2003, 10:04 AM
The data was already there from previous iSyncs with .Mac.

MacBandit
Jan 30, 2003, 10:11 AM
There's only one problem as I see it. If you use a custom title for a phone number. Say it's a company phone number but it's for there California office so you enter California for the title next to the phone number. That phone number will not be imported to .Mac because it doesn't fit there set names.

.Mac also doesn't allow you to choose your menu you want to organize with (i.e. address list, AIM list, etc.).

mcrain
Jan 30, 2003, 10:25 AM
Sure, .Mac address book isn't perfect, but for me, it's wonderful to have my contacts from my home computer with me wherever I am.

MacBandit
Jan 30, 2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mcrain
Sure, .Mac address book isn't perfect, but for me, it's wonderful to have my contacts from my home computer with me wherever I am.

I agree. This is fantastic. I can get my email addresses and phone numbers anywhere I go.