Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
With a battery life of 2 hours for video, is it worth getting the iPod video? I mean, this iPod is obviously advertised for its video capabilities, but you can only use 2 hours of it on a FULL charge. I think it might be best to wait and see what the true iPod video is like if it comes out in 2 weeks. Hopefully that has a battery life of at least 6 hours for video.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
rye9 said:
With a battery life of 2 hours for video, is it worth getting the iPod video? I mean, this iPod is obviously advertised for its video capabilities, but you can only use 2 hours of it on a FULL charge. I think I'll wait and see what the true iPod video is like if it comes out in 2 weeks.
I think you answered your own question.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
I don't these specific ipods were made to watch full length movies really. More like short clips and the such. Thus why the rumors about the video ipod instead of the ipod with video

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
If/when Apple does come out with the true Video iPod, they better have a pretty radical battery technology built into it. The 5G iPod does about 2 hours of video on a screen that is about half the rumored size of the Video iPod. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

exeterbohemian

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
brooklyn
i don't know anyone who uses their ipod for just video. i mean, you could sit there for 3 or 4 hours and stare at that tiny screen, or, like most people, you could use it as intended and listen to music for 20+ hours. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.