PDA

View Full Version : Who's working on the graphics drivers?

satans_banjo
Mar 19, 2006, 02:09 PM
Is there any work being done on the graphics card drivers? What kind of progress is being made?

Sorry, but I just can't wait for the day when I can play Half-Life 2 on a MacBook Pro :eek: :D

Steve1496
Mar 19, 2006, 03:01 PM
There isn't really anybody writing these drivers right now--at least that we know of. People are trying to find a way around how XOM hardcodes it's VGA drivers to the registry.

Machead III
Mar 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
What sort of time-frame are we looking at for having the gfz card up and running in XP? At an estimate.

RichP
Mar 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
What sort of time-frame are we looking at for having the gfz card up and running in XP? At an estimate.

Sometime between a few minutes from now and next to never.... Noone really knows the exact solution, and it seems to be pretty embedded into the XOM patch itself that prevents another video driver for the ATI based machines. People are making decent progress with the mini. They should enjoy it, its the only circumstance when that integrated GPU is going to outshine a MBP ;)

Abulia
Mar 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
Is there any work being done on the graphics card drivers? What kind of progress is being made?Dude, I thought YOU were working on the graphics drivers! :eek:

Well, crap. It's been what...like five days now since the patch went out and no one has been working on these drivers?

Damn lazy hackers. :D

ReanimationLP
Mar 20, 2006, 02:47 PM
Whenever someone figures out how to make it work, to emulate its VGA BIOS, or whoever figures out how to get ATi to make some drivers. ;)

Lord Blackadder
Mar 20, 2006, 03:00 PM
Considering this is being done for free by people working in their spare time don't expect it to be quick...it's a minor miracle that XP runs on the Mac anyway so we beggars can't be choosers...I suspect that video drivers will be harder to get working than the orginal hack, since ATI/nVidia are so secretive about their hardware and software's inner workings.

tdewey
Mar 20, 2006, 03:45 PM
There's a post at onmac.net that blanka has started work on a video driver solution.

Kingsly
Mar 20, 2006, 03:49 PM
Considering this is being done for free by people working in their spare time don't expect it to be quick...
...then again, we collectively paid them approx. $11,800 so they should get off their lazy bums and work on some drivers! :p

Bengt77
Mar 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
There's a post at onmac.net that blanka has started work on a video driver solution.
Now that's some good news! However they did it, the whole XP-running-on-a-Mac thing, I don't know, but I do know that both narf and blanka are hot right now. They have some pretty darn good programming skills. And some pretty darn bad photographing and filming skills...

:D

Spanky Deluxe
Mar 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Now that's some good news! However they did it, the whole XP-running-on-a-Mac thing, I don't know, but I do know that both narf and blanka are hot right now. They have some pretty darn good programming skills. And some pretty darn bad photographing and filming skills...

:D

And probably some pretty darn happy bank managers now too!! :p

whyrichard
Mar 21, 2006, 10:35 PM
but really.... who's got the drivers?!

r.

Meemoo
Mar 21, 2006, 11:11 PM
With Blanka on it we are assured drivers by April 2