PDA

View Full Version : ibook upgrade?

macwannabe
Jan 30, 2003, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been flogged to death but I haven't been in for a while. I'm finally ready to switch (well in a couple of months) and I think the 12" ibook is right for me. Thing is I have a major case of upgrade anxiety. I've read the rumours about faster G3s from IBM, so is the ibook gonna get a major upgrade?

ftaok
Jan 30, 2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by macwannabe
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been flogged to death but I haven't been in for a while. I'm finally ready to switch (well in a couple of months) and I think the 12" ibook is right for me. Thing is I have a major case of upgrade anxiety. I've read the rumours about faster G3s from IBM, so is the ibook gonna get a major upgrade? I think that the next upgrade of the iBook will bring an speed bump up to 1ghz (or maybe 900mhz). Plus, you'll get Bluetooth and Airport Extreme.

I'm thinking that they'll be updated in March. That's my guess.

hugemullens
Jan 30, 2003, 03:14 PM
I'd imagine they will receive a speed bump to 1 ghz and have airport extreme. I dont think a major ibook overhaul is in the near future and i wouldn't worry about buying one now. Its the world of technology, its outdated when you open the box, but a new ibook is a nice machine and will serve you well.

macwannabe
Jan 30, 2003, 03:25 PM
That's good to hear. I'm not concerned about a potential 100 or 200 Mhz as I only need it for office apps/internet/mp3s etc and I'd only use the airport for the internet which would be fine on the old one. As March is about when I'd be buying anyway that'll work out nicely. Thanks for the advice.

CrackedButter
Jan 31, 2003, 05:29 AM
It will probably be march because thats when the current offer ends on the ibooks and the imacs as well (in the UK).