Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squigles@mac.co

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
London UK
I'm wondering, when there will be a single downloadable file for burnig onto another disk with XP. I ask this as I'm about as technically minded as an Amoeba :eek:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
What do you mean exactly?

A pre-fixed-'n-patched XP SP2 CD? (that IS floating around the torrents... ;) )

Or do you mean also the few small steps necessary in the Mac OS X environmnet (i.e. copy the xom.efi file, and blessing it)?

squigles@mac.co

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
London UK
Or do you mean also the few small steps necessary in the Mac OS X environmnet (i.e. copy the xom.efi file, and blessing it)?

If that means 1 file to put on the Mac in order for me to run Windows XP on the Intel iMac yes :)

You don't have to be highly computer-savvy to work it out... it's really easy to follow the steps.

I understand I have to reformat the HD of the Mac (not as HFS) partiotion it for OSX & XP Install OSX then copy a file to what will be the XP Partition and then install XP onto it? Is that kinda the Jist of the whole process?

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
"I understand I have to reformat the HD of the Mac (not as HFS) partiotion it for OSX & XP Install OSX then copy a file to what will be the XP Partition and then install XP onto it? Is that kinda the Jist of the whole process?"

Well, that's not really what you do... You should read through the How-to guide again.

asencif

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
If you really feel uncomfortable about doing something like it then you should try to get assistant from a more tech-savvy individual. While many here in the forums have a lot of knowledge of both OS's, that dosen't include everyone. Like they have been saying in other threads this is a hacked solution and not for everyone. If you want to try it be very careful and seek help.

squigles@mac.co

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
London UK
Thanks asencif, MacsRgr8 has been a great help thus far :)

My daughter doesn't know, but it's her Mac I'm going to butcher :rolleyes: However she has very little on it at present so that's one blessing I guess.

I shall definitely ask prior to doing anything less than favorable :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.