PDA

View Full Version : Slideshows in Final cut?

Sir Henrik
Mar 20, 2006, 06:13 AM
Hi,
Where do I find good instructions on how to work with stills in FCP?
I want to make really professional lookin slideshows, with good control of transistions and panning.
In the manual there is very little on the subject. I bought the "bible" of Final Cut Pro...not much there either...Is there a DVD course maybe that treat this more than just in parenthesis. Anything on the net? All suggestions much appreciated.

Just started working in FCP 4.5. Use a PowerBook5.8 G4 15" RAM 1GB,
Scratchdisk Maxtor 300GB

Wince99
Mar 20, 2006, 07:49 AM
Hi,
Where do I find good instructions on how to work with stills in FCP?
I want to make really professional lookin slideshows, with good control of transistions and panning.
In the manual there is very little on the subject. I bought the "bible" of Final Cut Pro...not much there either...Is there a DVD course maybe that treat this more than just in parenthesis. Anything on the net? All suggestions much appreciated.

Just started working in FCP 4.5. Use a PowerBook5.8 G4 15" RAM 1GB,
Scratchdisk Maxtor 300GB

Hi,
I don't know for books, but you can just drag your pictures on the timeline and then double-click on it to adjust paning/zooming/timing. You can then add any transition as you would for any clip.

Hope that helps,

rjphoto
Mar 20, 2006, 11:23 AM
I haven't seen anything personally about what you are wanting to do, I just tried the different things Wince99 suggested.

I do most of my slide shows in iMovie (and now iPhoto thanks to the folks here at Mac Rumors.)

iPhoto doesn't give you a lot of control over the movement, but so far (8 or 10 slide shows) it has worked fine.

The most elaborate show I did in FCP had multiple photos flying in from different directions at the same time with drop shadows and cross moves. I used 5 layers to handle the scene. There was one main background image of a baseball pitcher with 3 or 4 other photos flying in and zooming and changing directions.

I know that doesn't help much. Try making a few different layers and place the photos on them and drag them around to overlap then play with the image size and movement controls.