PDA

View Full Version : iLife at CompUSA

nusrat
Jan 30, 2003, 06:45 PM
I just stopped by my local CompUSA and they had boxes of iLife on the shelf. The box listed system requirements as 10.1.5 or 10.2.2.

Freg3000
Jan 30, 2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by nusrat
I just stopped by my local CompUSA and they had boxes of iLife on the shelf. The box listed system requirements as 10.1.5 or 10.2.2.

Well, there goes the whole 10.2.4/iDVD 3 theory....

G4scott
Jan 30, 2003, 09:03 PM
Hey, if you've picked up a copy, is there anyway that you can put up iPhoto and iMovie for download? After all, they are free, except for iDVD...

SoonToGetAMac
Jan 30, 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by G4scott
Hey, if you've picked up a copy, is there anyway that you can put up iPhoto and iMovie for download? After all, they are free, except for iDVD...
Knowing Apple, there's something in the liscence aggreement that makes this illegal, I'm sure.

pkradd
Jan 31, 2003, 06:29 AM
iMovie and iPhoto will be available for free download today. Don't ask people to break the law.

G4scott
Jan 31, 2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by pkradd
iMovie and iPhoto will be available for free download today. Don't ask people to break the law.

How would it be breaking the law?

I don't think it says "Don't let anybody else get/use this software" in the licensing... Well, except for iDVD, but who'd want to download that?

SoonToGetAMac
Jan 31, 2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by G4scott

How would it be breaking the law?

I don't think it says "Don't let anybody else get/use this software" in the licensing... Well, except for iDVD, but who'd want to download that?

Mabye the downloadable edition has a different install of the files are somewhat different...we'll be getting the downlods in less than 90 minutes.

iAlan
Jan 31, 2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by SoonToGetAMac

Mabye the downloadable edition has a different install of the files are somewhat different...we'll be getting the downlods in less than 90 minutes.

make that 68 minutes...

bennetsaysargh
Jan 31, 2003, 12:55 PM
I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Rower_CPU
Jan 31, 2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by SoonToGetAMac

Hmmm...only 170 minutes overdue now. :rolleyes: