PDA

View Full Version : iPod Trouble

AML707
Mar 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
I am trying to import all of my library to my 4G iPod an my PowerMac G5 keeps freezing and not responding.What Should i do. By the way i get an error message that states "Failed To copy Library"something like that:confused:

mad jew
Mar 20, 2006, 10:40 PM
Try restoring the iPod's firmware (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/). This will delete everything currently on the iPod though.

Hopefully you don't have a dead hard drive. :o

yankeefan24
Mar 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
DO you have auto sync on. maybe try turning it off. Also do the 3 R's. Reset, Restore, Return (don't think that's it but it's something like that;) )

wwooden
Mar 20, 2006, 10:50 PM
Also, if you are connecting the iPod through firewire and you have a firewire iSight, that could cause problems. There is a known bug that the iSight takes up a bunch of the firewire bandwidth and you can't connect other devices while it is. If this is the case for you, either switch to using USB to connect the iPod or always unplug the iSight when you connect the iPod.

AML707
Mar 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
It was a simple problem but it scared the hell out of me I just connected the iPod to the back of the PM i was connecting it to the front port:o my bad
Thanks fro everyones help!:)

puckhead193
Mar 21, 2006, 07:06 PM
DO you have auto sync on. maybe try turning it off. Also do the 3 R's. Reset, Restore, Return (don't think that's it but it's something like that;) )
hahah that made my day. I want to say that to an genius when my iPod give me crap. I did the the 3 R's reset, restore, and now i'm returning" :D