PDA

View Full Version : eMac Problems

lunchboxfett
Mar 20, 2006, 10:02 PM
I have a 700MHz eMac that will not power on. I have tested the fuse on the power supply and it is good. When I press the power button you can hear a slow power surge and then nothing. The fan moves just slightly and then nothing. I have removed the case and was testing some of the caps on the power supply and I get no resistance on one of them. The problem is that I can't seem to find this part for sale on any of the online shops. Some have said that they would look into it and get back to me but I was wondering if someone here might have som ideas. The part I am looking for is located to the upper right of the digital board if you have PMU facing you. It has a cover on it but it comes off with just a couple screws and you see 2 caps, a couple resistors and some coils.
Any help would be greatly welcomed.

mad jew
Mar 20, 2006, 10:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is to salvage parts from a broken eMac on eBay or somewhere similar. Of course, this is assuming you know what you're doing (and it sounds like you do). Otherwise, I'd take it to Apple and see how far they get. :)

lunchboxfett
Mar 21, 2006, 09:16 PM
I have been trying to find a broken eMac to get the part from. I was hoping that someone here might have on that would be willing to sell me the part.