Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
does anyone know of any torrents for the new xcode, im still using the original version that came with my Tiger install!

An 823Mb file through dialup with a 5 hour timeout is just not feasible.

Ive d/l similar sized files with no problem at all through Bittorrent though. i have my internet connection to connect when needed, and let my BT client run through the night. resume in Safari is horrible!

thanks in advance

why doesnt apple use BT for these files? it would save them bandwidth....

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
maxvamp said:
Why can't you just download it from Apple? It's free...

Max.

Did you even read his entire post?

BollywooD said:
An 823Mb file through dialup with a 5 hour timeout is just not feasible.

Ive d/l similar sized files with no problem at all through Bittorrent though. i have my internet connection to connect when needed, and let my BT client run through the night. resume in Safari is horrible!

And do answer the original question, the only torrents ive seen were for 2.2 and not 2.2.1 :( .

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
my dialup connection is on a 5 hour timeout - so the download is interupted, and does not restart once my connection resets. and Resumes in Safari are never that reliable anyway.... ive tried some download managers, but to be honest, i just dont like them.

BT is just easier for me, i dont need to "babysit" Safari to make sure it finishes?

i have found a torrent for Xcode 2.2, but not the latest 2.2.1.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I once paid the $20 to have the disc shipped to me. It was almost faster than dialup. :D

Of course, after waiting 3 months, it came out on the next disc included with the membership.

maxvamp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2002
Somewhere out there
Adam... Please Chill... I did not catch the 5 hour timeout problem..

What I would do.....

I would go to an Apple Store (retailer) , and ask to Download and burn this disc. I have found Apple stores very cooperative and have even been allowed to Download and install XCode on the PowerMacs to test their speed.

Max.

P.S. Bring your own disc...

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
I have cable internet, and I would be willing to create a seed. Unfortunately, I have never done this before so if someone could explain maybe this is an option?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.