Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Compufix

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2002
PA
I posted an Applescript at the forums at onmac.net...here is the link

http://forum.onmac.net/showthread.php?t=362

It is an Applescript that uses a few shell scripts with user input to install the proper xom.efi file for your machine and bless it, and also has a REVERT option to remove the xom.efi file and rebless the boot.efi

It also allows you to create the slipstreamed CD ISO image and burn a copy of your modified OS CD. You still need to download the original installer from onmac.net...I just pull everything together...

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

-Compufix

glorfindeal

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2006
Compufix said:
I posted an Applescript at the forums at onmac.net...here is the link

http://forum.onmac.net/showthread.php?t=362

It is an Applescript tha uses a few shell scripts with user input to install the proper xom.efi file for your machine and bless it, and also has a REVERT option to remove the xom.efi file and rebless the boot.efi

It also allows you to create the slipstreamed CD ISO image and burn a copy of your modified OS CD. You still need to download the original installer from onmac.net...I just pull everything together...

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

-Compufix

Well, you fixed the barn after the cow came home :). If I have to do it again, I'll check out your scripts.

Glor

Compufix

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2002
PA
glorfindeal said:
Well, you fixed the barn after the cow came home :). If I have to do it again, I'll check out your scripts.

Glor

Hey well, Considering I only got everything working on the iMac on Sunday....and I wrote the shell scripts on Monday, and wrapped it up in the Applescript on Tuesday (while ignoring all my other work at work :cool:...except what is neccessary not to get fired :cool:...)...what ya want? :p

Thank you...I hope it at least helps others. I will be updating it to auto detect hardware, intel-ppc etc....like I said it aint pretty.....but it works.

Might even look at Applescript Studio to clean up the look, but only so many hours in the day.

-Compufix

conway123

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
mio 268

hi i read some of your aricles on the mio 268 if i got the right person can you tell me hoe to sort it out i got a mio 268 upgraded to r16 on boot i get cannot find navigator files on sd card but there there i have no cd or anything just a back up of the 256 mem card

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.