Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Given the great fun we all had with emaja's church logo I thought some of you might be interested in the Power Kings current logo contest.

We're having a contest to design a new Logo for the Powder King Mountain Resort Inc.
This is what we are looking for in a logo:
The logo must be simple in design to make it transferrable to print media.
The logo must be at a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch and submitted in a .jpeg format.
The winning entry must have the file available in a .tiff format and with the layers available for altering if necessary.
Our Mountain colours are red and white but not exclusive to the design.
The logo must incorporate the new mountain/crown into its design.
It must have the name Powder King and include the words Mountain Resort in it.
The logo should have the ability to have a place for our coined phrase "Whisper of the North" somewhere in it.
Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsors servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible.
All entries become the property of Powder King Mountain Resort Inc. and will not be returned.
Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winners names and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation.
The winning entry will be posted on the Powder King Website http://www.powderking.com.
Entries will be accepted until a winning Logo has been discovered.
Entries must be e-mailed to powderhound@powderking.com
One winner will be selected and will receive 2 nights accommodation at the Powder King Hotel and two days lift passes for two persons.

Hehe now the main reason I'm posting this is because it seems completely inappropriate to be holding a contest for your logo (hello whistler 2010 olympics committee), so I figured we could all have some fun at Powder Kings expense and hopefully waste a bit of their time with frivolous entries.

Hopefully they'll get off their wallets and hire a proper designer rather than offering 2 nights stay for spec work. Cheers Kids

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
Powder King Mountain Resort: Whisper of the North

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 158

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
It's slightly derivative I admit..But I really think it'll synergise their brand awareness.

Attachments

• powder_king.jpg
    powder_king.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 647

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Here's something I whipped up in PS... Crown seems a bit big, but I didn't know how to resize it and still fit everything. Comments welcome. :)

Attachments

• PowderKing.jpg
    PowderKing.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 118

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Littleodie914 said:
Here's something I whipped up in PS... Crown seems a bit big, but I didn't know how to resize it and still fit everything. Comments welcome. :)

ohh that'll look great in neon lights at the main lodge!

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
My take on the whole thing... now, about that prize.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.