PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic! and now the d word

whyrichard
Mar 23, 2006, 06:32 AM
drivers some have gone on and some don't seem to work...

... osx86 project has a few driver suggestions, but i can't get the wireless driver to work. it installs but no "view wireless networks" option....

any of you got a wireless driver working?

suggestions on how to "browse" for the driver in windows?

thanks,
r.

Compufix
Mar 23, 2006, 07:17 AM
All the drivers on the WIKI at onmac.net (which is down right now) work as advertised. I have everything working as noted on my 20" iMac. Bluetooth, Wireless, Ethernet, Sound (Analog and Optical out only). It even recognized the Apple Mouse and the Left/Right mouse button and scroll ball.

The mini even has graphic drivers that work, but the MBP and iMac needs to have hardware acceleration turned off for the best performance until graphic drivers are made to work.

Some things to consider...

1. Fan control is not working in XP, only hardware, so the fans only kick in when it gets hot enough for the hardware to trigger it.

2. Graphic drivers need to work, so multimedia...fooget about it.

3. the 20" iMac (and maybe others) freeze on restart.

4. Updates on OSX or Repair Permissions will unbless the xom.efi and cause the dual boot to now work. You can rebless the xom.efi from the terminal, or use my xomhelper application to quickly re-install the appropriate xom.efi and bless it.

Remember....as of a week ago, this was an impossibility. It will get better, but it will take time. Supposedly the developers of the xom.efi will release the code to the open source...then you will see some movement.

-Compufix

whyrichard
Mar 23, 2006, 07:21 AM
so you wrote a program that reinstall the exom file and blesses it?

compelling, beautiful, resourceful... generous...?

thanks for your imput... been trying the onmac site all night to no avail.

my macbook freezes on shutdown as well....

... and rhinoceros, with hardware off and the like, is surprisingly usable. and leaps and bounds beyond virtual pc....

but when you say "multimedia", which specifically are you talking about?

thanks and goodmorning! we now have the most versetial laptop ever made.

r.