PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the dumbest woman on earth.

Pablo
Jan 31, 2003, 09:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77145,00.html

LONGVIEW, Wash. Police plan to begin reviewing surveillance tapes from a Longview grocery store where a clerk came forward late last week to say she believes she saw a missing, pregnant California woman sometime in December.

According to a report in The Daily News of Longview on Thursday, the clerk told police that a pregnant woman came into the Market Place and said: "This is serious. I was kidnapped. Call the authorities when I leave."

The 45-year-old clerk said she intended to call police but became distracted and forgot, according to a police report. Late last week, the clerk was watching TV and saw a story about Laci Peterson, 27, who vanished from Modesto, Calif., on Christmas Eve.

She told police the report triggered her memory of an unusual pair of customers who passed through her checkout line. The woman appeared to be in her 20s and in a late stage of pregnancy; Peterson was due to give birth to a boy on Feb. 10. The clerk said the woman was a "classic beauty" with sleek brown hair.

The woman was accompanied by a much older man with "strong features" and a ruddy complexion, the clerk reported.

After the man stepped out of line to get something he forgot, the clerk remarked to the woman that she should be wearing a coat on such a chilly day. The woman told the clerk she didn't have time to take a coat because she was kidnapped. She also told the clerk that the man had a weapon.

The clerk told police she wasn't sure whether to take the woman seriously.

When the man returned, he asked what the two talked about while he was gone, the police report says.

"She said you kidnapped her," the clerk said.

The clerk said the statement seemed to make the man angry, and she teasingly added that her husband always kidnapped her to take her to dinner. The man relaxed and laughed.

"Yeah, I guess I kidnapped her," she recalled him saying.

After they left, the clerk unsuccessfully tried to find a phone book to call police, then became distracted and forgot about the incident. She told police she feels terrible about it now.

Longview Police Detective Dan Jacobs told the newspaper Thursday afternoon that police had not retrieved the store's video surveillance tapes for December but planned to do so. Officers will advise Modesto Police if a woman on the tape appears to be Peterson.

When contacted by The Associated Press on Thursday, a manager at the grocery store said he didn't have any information and hung up the phone.

Scott Peterson, 30, has told investigators he last saw his wife the morning of Christmas Eve.

Police have not named Peterson as a suspect in his wife's disappearance, but attention has focused on him, in part because he admits he told his wife he was having an affair shortly before she vanished.

Backtothemac
Jan 31, 2003, 09:28 AM
Wow. Not that lady should just be shot in the head, and rid humanity of her ignorance. Not only because she FORGOT to call Police, but that she told the guy that the lady had said she was kidnapped.

She should have tripped the silent alarm!

What a friggin idiot!

Hopefully there are security cameras in that store.

rainman::|:|
Jan 31, 2003, 09:33 AM
Utterly pathetic. One does not kid around in these situations. I just can't imagine what she was thinking... hopefully she's not too stupid to realize the huge impact her stupidity may have caused, costing a woman her life.

pnw

Backtothemac
Jan 31, 2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
Utterly pathetic. One does not kid around in these situations. I just can't imagine what she was thinking... hopefully she's not too stupid to realize the huge impact her stupidity may have caused, costing a woman her life.

pnw

Holly **** we agree on something! First yesterday it was with mcrain, now ith paul, OMG, I am loosing my right wing idealism.

:)

Moxiemike
Jan 31, 2003, 09:52 AM
make that three BTTM.

I agree with you completely. I'd like 5 minutes alone with this moron.

i have so many images of what she looks like. I bet she CHOMPS on bubblegum.

And maybe twirls her pretty hair alot.

And while I don't agree she should be shot in the head (slower, more painful methods of torture are called for here), I do agree that she should have not been so moronic as to let mr. kidnapper know the lady told her.

it's like a death senetence right there. I bet the girl didn't last another ten mins out of the store. Man. I guess mr. kidnapper knows how to pick grocery checkouts. :(

Rower_CPU
Jan 31, 2003, 09:58 AM
Damn, this makes you wonder how the human race has managed to stay alive this long...

Or it's simply a case of someone looking for some celebrity, and choosing a very bad method of getting attention. :rolleyes:

etoiles
Jan 31, 2003, 09:58 AM
B2TM: guess what, this is your lucky day :D

After they left, the clerk unsuccessfully tried to find a phone book to call police

:eek: :confused: :mad:

Backtothemac
Jan 31, 2003, 10:03 AM
Damn, I think the planets must be alligned or somehting ;)

MacBandit
Jan 31, 2003, 10:09 AM
Uh, this is scary we all agree. Why did she need a phone book to dial the police. Maybe she was trying to call 9 11 and couldn't find the 11 key. Don't laugh that actually happens. Okay laugh the people with that problem are especially stupid and deserve to be illiminated from the gene pool.

Backtothemac
Jan 31, 2003, 10:11 AM
HA! That was a good one MacBandit. It is amazing that stupid people can even unite the vastly different people here at macrumors.

:)

medea
Jan 31, 2003, 10:29 AM
Of course we all agree, even the kidnapper would agree she is a very very stupid person (this is not harsh enough but Im drawing a blank so...), she could have been this womans last hope. She should go to jail, I mean Jerry and the rest of the seinfield crew did for not helping out someone.....

Jan 31, 2003, 11:03 AM
Ah yeah, i was just going to say that, this could be a violation of the Good Samaratin law, she could be facing big fines and possibly light jail time... she can't claim that she thought the woman was kidding, because she then searched for the phone book to call the cops later...

god sometimes i'm embarassed to be a human being... you know it's bad when we all agree like this!

*rocks back and forth, washing hands compulsively*: must clean republican, must clean republican!

pnw

voicegy
Jan 31, 2003, 11:09 AM
Another idiot looking for publicity.

Yes, the last time I kidnapped someone, I took my victim to the mall to buy some gum, soda pop and rope. And then I left my victim at the check out stand while I ran back to get some dog food.

This story is as bogus as they come. Instead of wanting to string up this check out clerk because she acted poorly (on retrospect, mind you!) to this incident, she should be strung up for wanting to get into the drama of the event and making up a story.

What's to gain from kidnapping a pregnant young woman from the street? Where's the ransom note? What's the point?

Another tragic loss...I feel so bad for her parents...NOT the "husband".

Jan 31, 2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by voicegy
Another idiot looking for publicity.

Yes, the last time I kidnapped someone, I took my victim to the mall to buy some gum, soda pop and rope. And then I left my victim at the check out stand while I ran back to get some dog food.

This story is as bogus as they come. Instead of wanting to string up this check out clerk because she acted poorly (on retrospect, mind you!) to this incident, she should be strung up for wanting to get into the drama of the event and making up a story.

What's to gain from kidnapping a pregnant young woman from the street? Where's the ransom note? What's the point?

Another tragic loss...I feel so bad for her parents...NOT the "husband".

uhh... ok... what? are you suggesting that none of this is true?

there is certainly precident for this type of thing to occur. There's a plethora of reasons someone would kidnap the woman, and it's happened many, many times that the kidnapped person was in public unable to ask for help for fear of the kidnapper...

it does seem a bit odd that he wandered away for a minute, but you're dealing with someone that's probably not the most mentally stable to begin with--

pnw

barkmonster
Jan 31, 2003, 12:18 PM
Wierd Al Yankovic has her summed up in 2 quotes from UHF

Quote 1 (http://www.dailywav.com/0802/usostupid.wav) (Wave)

Quote 2 (http://www.dailywav.com/0802/puttosleep.wav) (Wave)

:D :D

voicegy
Jan 31, 2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by barkmonster
Wierd Al Yankovic has her summed up in 2 quotes from UHF

Quote 1 (http://www.dailywav.com/0802/usostupid.wav) (Wave)

Quote 2 (http://www.dailywav.com/0802/puttosleep.wav) (Wave)

:D :D

Gone

The requested resource
/0802/puttosleep.wav
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Gone. Like the "kidnapper."

barkmonster
Jan 31, 2003, 03:00 PM
Well that's good, i only downloaded them the other day, that's why I still had the links.

They were funny samples though :p

Sun Baked
Jan 31, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Uh, this is scary we all agree. Why did she need a phone book to dial the police. Maybe she was trying to call 9 11 and couldn't find the 11 key. Don't laugh that actually happens. Okay laugh the people with that problem are especially stupid and deserve to be illiminated from the gene pool. Keep a lookout for her at http://www.darwinawards.com

There's probably a good chance she will show up one day to dazzle us all with her latest and most creative incident yet.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 31, 2003, 03:57 PM
Just when you think you heard it all,amazing that anyone could be so stupid! and to think this had been plastered all over the media and she had just got wind of it. This woman is a rock! Lets pray for lacie and hope she still has a chance.

Kid Red
Jan 31, 2003, 09:08 PM
The only thing tho about her story, she's obviously retarded, we all agree on that. However, she was distacted after someone told her they have been kidnapped? Then she forgets to call the polics for waht, a week or so? Obviously her memory isn't very accute, so then, how, by golly, does she remember such precise detail about the couple?

"The woman appeared to be in her 20s and in a late stage of pregnancy; Peterson was due to give birth to a boy on Feb. 10. The clerk said the woman was a "classic beauty" with sleek brown hair. The woman was accompanied by a much older man with "strong features" and a ruddy complexion, the clerk reported. "

Wow, that's pretty damn accurate and descriptive. Wait, the girl's an idiot with a short attention span, yet in her brief glimpse at the couple before wondering what time Joe millionare started she took such a mental picture and some how stored it away in a back room for a week plus until she saw the news? Sorry, but this is about as bad as iMovie 3, just needs to be re-worked.

Short attention span. Forgetfulness. What, does she have delayed photographic memory?

Jan 31, 2003, 09:49 PM
the police are discounting her story after they reviewed surveillance cameras for that day, so she actually made up a story where she's an idiot.

what an idiot.

pnw

Mr. Anderson
Feb 1, 2003, 12:41 AM
Homer Simpson said it best

"Operator, quick, give me the number for 911!"

Sad story whether she's telling the truth or making it up.

D

rjrufo
Feb 1, 2003, 10:15 AM
the police are discounting her story after they reviewed surveillance cameras for that day, so she actually made up a story where she's an idiot.

what an idiot.

pnw

LOL, or actually ROTFLMAO (Rolling on the floor, laughing my a** off). How stupid can people be? Anyone know her name? I'm going to keep my eye on Darwin Awards to see if she shows up.

voicegy
Feb 1, 2003, 01:39 PM
As I stated earlier, I smelled the BS from her story miles away.

May she recieve much needed therapy for having such a pathetic life that she feels the need to become involved in such a tragedy for whatever gain.

Dont Hurt Me
Feb 1, 2003, 02:29 PM
My wife and i were talking and i had concluded she was either a loon making it all up-or a loon for being so stupid but either way this bimbo was a LOON!

runningman
Feb 5, 2003, 11:41 AM
Couldn't find a phone book to call the police. She works in a convenience store they are always robbed.

wdlove
Feb 5, 2003, 01:37 PM
It's possible she's telling the truth. Extreme fear and panic can cause humans to things that are out of character, behavior considered normal. She will need counseling.

Feb 5, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
It's possible she's telling the truth. Extreme fear and panic can cause humans to things that are out of character, behavior considered normal. She will need counseling.

like i said tho, police have examined all the tapes from that day and found no evidence that this woman or anyone like her was in the store...

she needs counselling period, why anyone would make up a story like this is beyond me. so easily disproven...

pnw

MacBandit
Feb 5, 2003, 06:45 PM

like i said tho, police have examined all the tapes from that day and found no evidence that this woman or anyone like her was in the store...

she needs counselling period, why anyone would make up a story like this is beyond me. so easily disproven...

pnw

Counselling will not increase her intelligence quotient. At first she just seemed like she was one of the dumbest women on earth. After her story was disproven and it turned out she made it up it prooved that she IS THE dumbest woman on earth. Who in there right mind would make up a story about themselves in which they are totally and utterly stupid.