PDA

View Full Version : powerbook problem

Hunts121
Mar 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
my powerbook has recently been doing something really odd. It will stop responding while making a strange noise and if I give it a little bump with my hand...it jumps back to normal and the noise stops...any ideas??? The powerbook I have is in my sig.

yankeefan24
Mar 23, 2006, 03:34 PM
My powerbook (same one except less ram/graphics) makes a sound that sounds like the optical drive when it gets hit. is that it? (doubt it).

what does the sound sound like? from what area of the computer does it come from? how long has this happened?

Hunts121
Mar 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
My powerbook (same one except less ram/graphics) makes a sound that sounds like the optical drive when it gets hit. is that it? (doubt it).

what does the sound sound like? from what area of the computer does it come from? how long has this happened?

it seems be coming from to the left of the trackpad...and yes I do know the noise you speak of but that isn't it ;-)

it sounds almost like a marble dropping or something and it will eventually right itself but if I give it a bump it goes away immediately.

It just started doing it the other day...really odd, hasn't been dropped recently (fell off my bed once onto the carpet but this was way back when I first got it) so I'm not sure what could have caused this

yankeefan24
Mar 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
To the left of the trackpad you have the battery and near the trackpad you have the hdd (i believe). BACKUP YOUR FILES NOW!

Also, check the RAM (it's also near that area of the laptop). I am not familiar with the insides of that laptop, so I can't tell you exactly what's there, but that's what i believe is there.

Good luck!

EDIT: I think that's the hdd. so BACKUP!

exeterbohemian
Mar 23, 2006, 04:42 PM
sudden motion sensor?

yankeefan24
Mar 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
sudden motion sensor?

that was the next rev.

AlBDamned
Mar 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
FYI, the HDD is under the trackpad.

Hunts121
Mar 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
To the left of the trackpad you have the battery and near the trackpad you have the hdd (i believe). BACKUP YOUR FILES NOW!

Also, check the RAM (it's also near that area of the laptop). I am not familiar with the insides of that laptop, so I can't tell you exactly what's there, but that's what i believe is there.

Good luck!

EDIT: I think that's the hdd. so BACKUP!

I have a back up :-) Its stopped though...we'll see for how long, but everything seems to be working fine now...which is kinda odd..hope it isn't the calm before the storm :confused: