PDA

View Full Version : My iPod is Beeping

Eniregnat
Mar 24, 2006, 03:49 PM
My iPod is beeping, but I have never set an alarms.
I just plug in my Black 4gb Nano (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=162967) into my computer and it's beeping. I am using the stock USB cable. I searched the forums and found not much about this.

I just decided to reset my iPod, and that stopped the beeping.
It also had a weird screen icon, like the charging icon, lightning bolt+battery symbols, but they were skewed from their normal position.

What does it mean?
Has this happened to anybody else?
Did I miss something in the manual?

Rocksaurus
Mar 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
Whenever I plug my 3G into my modded mini dock it beeps once at me, but it's no problem. Was yours repeatedly beeping?

Some_Big_Spoon
Mar 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
Was it the broken HD icon? I had the beeping and weird icon display on my 1G ipod a few years ago. Turned out the HD went bad. apple replaced it and it still runs to this day.

I occasionally have weirdness with my various ipods that resets or reformats help. Could just be standard operating weirdness, or you might want to verify the drive/flash with diskwarrior or disk utility?

My iPod is beeping, but I have never set an alarms.
I just plug in my Black 4gb Nano (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=162967) into my computer and it's beeping. I am using the stock USB cable. I searched the forums and found not much about this.

I just decided to reset my iPod, and that stopped the beeping.
It also had a weird screen icon, like the charging icon, lightning bolt+battery symbols, but they were skewed from their normal position.

What does it mean?
Has this happened to anybody else?
Did I miss something in the manual?

rockthecasbah
Mar 25, 2006, 09:57 AM
i have had my iPod beep and there was something fatally wrong with it. The battery didn't last and would shut off with the batter meter halfway full. When i tried to turn it back on, it beeped. That's all i can say, but if anything seems wrong take it to an Apple store. I got a free replacement :)

mjstew33
Mar 25, 2006, 10:04 AM
Call Apple and tell them what's going on. They'll probably replace it...

Eniregnat
Mar 27, 2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks.

The icon was the charging lightning bolt and battery icon, shifted to the far left (the Nano's right). The unit kept beeping until I reset it.

I am past the 90 day warranty on the iPod. I have not found any thread of complaint like mine- ever, so I bet it was a one time glitch.

2nyRiggz
Mar 27, 2006, 08:56 PM
Did the icon change from color to back and white?...this happen to me and i had to reinstall the firm...

From time to time my nano does this and stays in disk mode....i just leave it alone and it wakes itself up.

Bless