PDA

View Full Version : mac drive 6?

whyrichard
Mar 24, 2006, 07:10 PM
anyone use this program?

is it essentially transparent? or is it a bear....

r.

airkarol
Mar 24, 2006, 07:52 PM
i use it on my pc :)

Laser47
Mar 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
Macdrive is very transparent you mac formatted drives show up just as a regular drive in explorer.

airkarol
Mar 24, 2006, 07:59 PM
its great, it runs in the background, doesn't seem to slow down the computer, and in windows explorer, your mac formatted drives come up with a little apple on them, so you can tell which are formatted for it.

glorfindeal
Mar 24, 2006, 08:17 PM
its great, it runs in the background, doesn't seem to slow down the computer, and in windows explorer, your mac formatted drives come up with a little apple on them, so you can tell which are formatted for it.

yeah, but $50 for it. I think not. I'll just keep on transfering files via my usb flash card reader. The reader works perfectly on the mac and xp.

Glor

emaja
Mar 24, 2006, 08:32 PM
It works as advertised, but it is $50 so make sure that it meets your needs before buying it. They have a trial, so download it and see.

whyrichard
Mar 24, 2006, 09:25 PM
It works as advertised, but it is $50 so make sure that it meets your needs before buying it. They have a trial, so download it and see.

the link for the trial doesn't work for me!

r.

whyrichard
Mar 25, 2006, 06:22 AM
macdrive doesn't seem to want to backup my itunes library from my xp desktop to my mac formatted hd.

... maybe the size has something to do with it? 45 gigs? ....

emaja
Mar 25, 2006, 11:32 AM
It has nothing to do with the size. I was backing up a 60GB library with no issues at all.

What kind of errors are you getting? What is happening?

whyrichard
Mar 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
when i drap a bunch of folders with the songs in them from my windows/xp machine to a mac formatted external hd strange things happen.

-at first only a moderate amount of folders will copy. too many and simply, nothing happens.
-after that small batch of copied folders is finished, i try to copy more, but only a smaller size batch of folders will copy. eventually nothing will copy to the external hd's folder.

it's happened before to me. i thought it was a phenemoena (sp) of fat 32 and large file sizes....

r.

whyrichard
Mar 25, 2006, 01:32 PM
would i be better off turning my external drive back into a fat 32?

r.

jkballer23
Mar 25, 2006, 03:41 PM
i recently formatted my external to hfs+ and installed macdrive on my PC. Now everything works great. I can read/write from both my mac and PC to my external hard drive.