PDA

View Full Version : iPod Assistance Please.

michw
Mar 25, 2006, 03:32 PM
I've had my iPod for a couple months now, and for some reason it just won't turn off anymore. It's really frustrating, and I just don't know what to do about it. Suggestions?

GilGrissom
Mar 25, 2006, 05:24 PM
Have you tried rebooting and reformatting the iPod? (Reboot is holding down centre select button and menu (or it could be play, its one of those!)

Obviously iPod software on the CD or updates from the Apple site will let you format your iPod.

macOSX-tastic
Mar 25, 2006, 08:34 PM
sometimes when i couldnt turn my iPod off, it turned out that i was in fact pressing too hard and the forward/reverse buttons were also being pressed. try pressing at the bottom of the clickwheel (the very bottom) with a variety of pressures, and see what happens.

S

michw
Mar 25, 2006, 09:54 PM
I've tried both of the above. I can't get the reformating to work properly. I've loaned out the Apple CD atm, but I can't get the updates working properly. I think I just don't really know what I'm doing. But it just won't turn off. I've been having it on the charger all day now.

GilGrissom
Mar 26, 2006, 04:31 AM
I've tried both of the above. I can't get the reformating to work properly. I've loaned out the Apple CD atm, but I can't get the updates working properly. I think I just don't really know what I'm doing. But it just won't turn off. I've been having it on the charger all day now.
Tried getting the latest iPod software from the Apple site?

If you pause the music and leave it, does it turn off by itself eventually?
(People, correct me if I'm wrong but the iPod should be set to have an auto-turn off feature after a certain amount of time??)