PDA

View Full Version : iMovie 3 STINKS

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
...it's way too slow (and my computer meets all the system requirements), and what is up with the ridiculous 1024x768 resolution requirement? The program runs FINE in 800x600, it just won't start up in it. Apple is just pissing me off the way they are doing things now days, really.

LethalWolfe
Jan 31, 2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by macsurfer
...it's way too slow (and my computer meets all the system requirements), and what is up with the ridiculous 1024x768 resolution requirement? The program runs FINE in 800x600, it just won't start up in it. Apple is just pissing me off the way they are doing things now days, really.

What are yer system specs. It runs as fast as the last iMovie did for me. I take that back, it loads a bit slower 'cause it's getting all my iTunes and iPhoto info.

And what do you have against 1024*768. that's pretty much the standard res these days.

Lethal

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 06:44 PM
My system specs are 500mhz G3 iMac 640mb RAM

1024x768 makes everything TOO SMALL. Try reading web pages at that resolution. It's too small it makes reading more fatiquing. I only have a 15inch CRT screen.

The playhead just jumps across the timeline, it does not move in a smooth continuous motion. Does the playhead move in a smooth motion for you or does it jump? I've read alot of people complaining about how slow it is on other sites.

Thanks

medea
Jan 31, 2003, 06:49 PM
I disagree, my iMac has a 15" screen and 1024x768 is great, I think 800x600 makes things way to big. I also think iMovie 3 is great now, I love the tweaked audio controls and chapter markers is awesome, sorry your displeased, but your really one of the few people who still do not use 1024x768.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think I'm "one of the few" people who still use 800x600. I have a CRT iMac NOT a flat panel. 10245x768 makes everything on screen tiny. Look at a website with 1024x768 (on a CRT iMac)!!! It's rediculous!!! Web pages look HORRIBLE on 1024x768.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 07:02 PM
I really do think you'll find that most people with a 15" CRT do use 1024x768 quite happily, I certainly did back in the days when I was using one.

DakotaGuy
Jan 31, 2003, 07:05 PM
iMovie 3 is junk!

I really like iPhoto 2. It scrolls better and is much more responsive on my iMac DV 400. But I might as well forget even running iMovie 3!

It is funny how over time OSX and all the iApps have improved dramatically in performance on my older Mac, but iMovie is the most CPU intensive hog I have ever seen in my life. I agree on the screen resolution. 1024X768 is fine on my iBook 600, but is way too small to read on my iMac.

I know Apple thinks my iMac should be in the dump by now, but it runs awesome and I don't have the money to buy a new iMac right now. I know they must realize there are a lot of G3 machines still on the job because they have continued to improve the applications for them, but not this baby. JUNK!

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:06 PM
I don't think so. I'll bet I'm not the only one out there who thinks 1024x768 on a CRT iMac stinks, even if they don't reply here. Not everyone is registered with this web site.

Catfish_Man
Jan 31, 2003, 07:06 PM
I run a 17" CRT at 800X600. My parents refuse to use anything higher.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:08 PM
The only thing improved in iMovie 3 speed wise is scrolling the thumbnail window....lot's of complaints on the Apple.com forums (even though they moderators over there are Nazis from hell).

rainman::|:|
Jan 31, 2003, 07:08 PM
I also have a CRT iMac 400, and i've been running 1024x768 for a long time, i love it. Web browser windows are more like floating windows now, less like things that take over your whole screen. I sit 4' away from the screen and i can read everything fine--

pnw

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:10 PM
Paul, I never said I couldn't read it, but it's very straining....and web pages still look bad! Most web pages are not designed for that resolution.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 31, 2003, 07:10 PM
Inoticed a lot of the complainers have crt imacs,sorry but imovie needs the juice and a g3 400 or 500 with no altivec just has problems. My wife has one and i see a big difference with my powermac!

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:12 PM
Dude over on the Apple iMovie forums people are complaining with dual processor machines, even the fastests machines. And apple lists the requirements as 400mhz minimum. I have 100mhz over the minimum.

FlamDrag
Jan 31, 2003, 07:15 PM
Meeting the min system requirements means that it will run. It doesn't say anything about running well.

lmalave
Jan 31, 2003, 07:18 PM
My system specs are 500mhz G3 iMac 640mb RAM

1024x768 makes everything TOO SMALL. Try reading web pages at that resolution. It's too small it makes reading more fatiquing. I only have a 15inch CRT screen.

The playhead just jumps across the timeline, it does not move in a smooth continuous motion. Does the playhead move in a smooth motion for you or does it jump? I've read alot of people complaining about how slow it is on other sites.

Thanks

1024x768 is just fine on my 12" iBook.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:19 PM
FlamDrag -

I exceed the minimum system requirements. In both processor speed and memory. "Minimum System Requirements" should mean the minimum that the system will run well, not just, "it will load up and then crawl..." becuase if that is all it will do it is no good to bother with. However, I don't think this has to do with system requirements, I think it has to do with yet another piece of sloppy software work. They'll probably release a gazillion updates for it, like they have with Jaguar.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:20 PM
Imalave-

You don't have a CRT either......

dabirdwell
Jan 31, 2003, 07:21 PM
Can you not just turn up the font size on your web browser?

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:24 PM
I did try to increase font size on my web browser, but unfortunately when you do that, it screws up the look and formatting of the web page. Try it using the font controls on Safari. It really sucks.

DakotaGuy
Jan 31, 2003, 07:25 PM
FlamDrag -

I exceed the minimum system requirements. In both processor speed and memory. "Minimum System Requirements" should mean the minimum that the system will run well, not just, "it will load up and then crawl..." becuase if that is all it will do it is no good to bother with. However, I don't think this has to do with system requirements, I think it has to do with yet another piece of sloppy software work. They'll probably release a gazillion updates for it, like they have with Jaguar.
I could not agree more. If people that have Dual 1Ghz PowerMacs are complaining about it I don't think it all can be blamed on the computer. No crap a 1.42Dual is going to run it much better then a 400 G3, but it should run OKAY at the minimum requirements and it should run FAST on a Dual G4. All the other software works this way. I think it will be improved, but we will have to wait for a couple of updates.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:28 PM
Abercrombieboy-

I think Apple is being bombarded with complaints right now. Add yours to iMovie feedback. A lot of people (from what I have read here and there so far) do not seem to be very happy with it. Obviously 3.0 had problems so we get 3.0.1. They still need to work on it more.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 07:37 PM
Can you quit moaning about not being able to run a brand new piece of software on what is now (very) out dated hardware :rolleyes: sheesh! This is stupid.
Also I think you'll find that most websites are designed to be viewed at 1024 x 768 as this is (I think) now a global standard.
I can't believe that you expect Apple to make a piece of software that has so few features etc that it will run perfectly on your old iMac, wake up & and smell the G4's!
My impression is that you (and many others) expect your Mac to last for ever and run all the latest software flawlessly just because it's a Mac and not a PC, and does not out date as quick as a PC. This may be the casse to a certain extent, but it has a limit. A 500Mhz G3 is in computing terms ancient technology.
As for the minimum reqs, well, again, what do you expect. Minimum reqs means minimum reqs, of course it will not run smoothly. Nothing ever does on Minimum reqs; games, OS's, apps etc. They all generally need far greater specs if you want them to run at a decent speed.
This is not to say of course that there arn't problems with the software. If even those with hi spec machines arn't happy then there must be a problem, but even once that's sorted don't extpect it to work great for you.

Feel free to start pulling my post to pieces with all this crap that your machine falls within the requirements.....:rolleyes:

P.S. If you find reading text on a 15" screen at 1024 x 768 a strain, it might be time to visit the opticians.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:44 PM
edesignuk-

Wow, you're a real jerk ******* aren't you? And by the way most web sites are NOT designed for 1024x768. Jerk. Mind your own business if all you can do is be obnoxious.

crazzyeddie
Jan 31, 2003, 07:44 PM
What you guys are lacking to see is:

a) The iMac only has 256k L2 cache... big perforance hit
b) Its only 400-500mhz
c) ITS A G3--
Now look, im not a G4 zealot, I realize that the G3 is actually faster than the G4 in some cases, but iMovie is very optimized for G4's
There will be a huge difference in a G3 500mhz vs a G4 500mhz in iMovie. I know that iMovie is slow on my G3 500, but its not much slower than iMovie 2 was.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:46 PM
Crazyeddie-

I will be willing to bet that we see 3.0.2, 3.0.3 etc...they are not finished with this thing yet, but they wanted to get it out the door. If not, I just go back to the last version of 2.x.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 07:47 PM
edesignuk-

Wow, you're a real jerk ******* aren't you? And by the way most web sites are NOT designed for 1024x768. Jerk. Mind your own business if all you can do is be obnoxious.

Wow, how creative. I must say I was expecting a slightly more well thought out and intelligent come back than that....but oh well :rolleyes:

There is really no need for name calling now is there, we're not at school. This is my opionion/take on this topic. Simple.

Unless something has changed this is a public forum, and I can express my opionion in whatever thread I wish.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:49 PM
And you are still a jerk *******, with whom I don't have the time nor the desire to deal with.

Simple.

LethalWolfe
Jan 31, 2003, 07:51 PM
iMovie seems to have some bugs in it, and I think that might have to do w/the intergration w/the other iApps. Dunno for sure though. It works fine for me though.

On Apple.com people from G3's to dual 1.25 procs are having issues so it must be some combonation of software not playing nice together. The "hopping" play headI might actually like more than a "smooth" play head 'cause it's easier to tell what frame you are on.

Well, back to FCP. :)

Lethal

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 07:53 PM
LethalWolfe-

I actually have FCP 3.0.2 on my iMac and it runs WAY better and smoother than iMovie 3 at this point. It might be time I learned how to really use it.

LethalWolfe
Jan 31, 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Can you quit moaning about not being able to run a brand new piece of software on what is now (very) out dated hardware :rolleyes: sheesh! This is stupid.
Also I think you'll find that most websites are designed to be viewed at 1024 x 768 as this is (I think) now a global standard.
I can't believe that you expect Apple to make a piece of software that has so few features etc that it will run perfectly on your old iMac, wake up & and smell the G4's!
My impression is that you (and many others) expect your Mac to last for ever and run all the latest software flawlessly just because it's a Mac and not a PC, and does not out date as quick as a PC. This may be the casse to a certain extent, but it has a limit. A 500Mhz G3 is in computing terms ancient technology.
As for the minimum reqs, well, again, what do you expect. Minimum reqs means minimum reqs, of course it will not run smoothly. Nothing ever does on Minimum reqs; games, OS's, apps etc. They all generally need far greater specs if you want them to run at a decent speed.
This is not to say of course that there arn't problems with the software. If even those with hi spec machines arn't happy then there must be a problem, but even once that's sorted don't extpect it to work great for you.

Feel free to start pulling my post to pieces with all this crap that your machine falls within the requirements.....:rolleyes:

P.S. If you find reading text on a 15" screen at 1024 x 768 a strain, it might be time to visit the opticians.

You might want to know what yer talkin' about before you post on it. Hit the iMovie forums at Apple.com and you'll see people w/all kinds of systems (brand new to a few years old) having the same problem w/the program. Not to mention people commenting that FCP runs smoother than iMovie 3 does.

Lethal

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by LethalWolfe

You might want to know what yer talkin' about before you post on it. Hit the iMovie forums at Apple.com and you'll see people w/all kinds of systems (brand new to a few years old) having the same problem w/the program. Not to mention people commenting that FCP runs smoother than iMovie 3 does.

Lethal
If anyone reads my origional post you will have seen that I did not say that it was all a hardware issue.
Posted by ME!

I realise that there must be problems with it, what I am saying is that even when things are sorted i still would not expect a brand new piece of software to run very well at all on a 400-500Mhz G3. That's all. I wish people would not take things so personally. It's just my opionion, if you, macsurfer, or anyone don't like it then just ignore my ramblings.

Peace one and all, whatever your opinion! :)

humantech
Jan 31, 2003, 08:03 PM
hmmm.
The program has been out for like 3 hours. Its free. You havent purchased anything new from apple since 2000 ( over 3 years) -
do you really think you are their priority as to optimizing the first release ( which I mentioned is free even to people who arent frequent repeat customers)?
I am on a crt imac at home. Same resolution. Same ram.
Works fine. Plenty fast ( no speed demon like the duals at work, but fine)
Could it be there is somethig else causing your machine to act slowly?
While I understand you are frustrated, I disagree with ripping on Apple for free software that you arent happy with. on something that isnt new and cutting edge.Buy it. THEN complain. Otherwise, you should seriously consider saying "hey thanks for the new software- May I recommend a few changes in the next release for users of older, less powerful machines?" -
BTW- They will probably speed optimize by the next minor release, and once again, not charge you.
Please enjoy Trashing the many hours of labor by several programmers trying to support their families , which they provided for you for free.
Please do not ever buy anything from me, under any circumstances.
Also, when you write a better program taking into account aged hardware, please post it on line. I will download it provided there is no cost.
Make sure you post a "feedback" address for me to post my comments to.

LethalWolfe
Jan 31, 2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk

If anyone reads my origional post you will have seen that I did not say that it was all a hardware issue.

I realise that there must be problems with it, what I am saying is that even when things are sorted i still would not expect a brand new piece of software to run very well at all on a 400-500Mhz G3. That's all. I wish people would not take things so personally. It's just my opionion, if you, macsurfer, or anyone don't like it then just ignore my ramblings.

Peace one and all, whatever your opinion! :)

Hmm... skimmed over that part, sorry. Just assumed it was the part of the rant. ;)

Lethal

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 08:16 PM
I've had this Mac for just over TWO years, exactly, as of January 2nd, 2003. Also, Apple has a reputation of releasing software half baked as of late. First they promise it will be ready by a certain date. Then they say, Uhhhhh no, it will be delayed. By then they are in a major hurry just to get it out the door so they just haul off and release it with flaws (like Jaguar) and then issue update after update after update. So yeah, I will criticize Apple. Plenty. Free software or not.

Oh and P.S. I haven't purchased anything from Apple in that time? What about Software??? What about my iSub? Oh, things like that don't count. I see. Only new machines. And since when did you have intimate knowledge of what I have or have not bought from Apple in the last two years? You might want to think before you speak.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 08:54 PM
You might want to think before you speak.
You think? So should you. Why do you keep having a go at anyone who doesn't happen to have your view point? Chill. There is no need what so ever for you to get so ratty.
I think what humantech meant was that you havn't bought a new machine in the last how ever many years, and I think you know full well that that is what he meant, once again your just looking for someone to shout at.
I'm sure by now Apple know full well that there is a problem, and they will do their best to fix it. But, you have to bear in mind that this is free software. You are lucky to have it at all. And when they are tweaking it the likelihood is it won't be done so that it runs like a dream on old kit, they will have optimized it for the more recent G3/4's (especially G4's).

[takes cover and prepares for name calling]

erik1975
Jan 31, 2003, 08:59 PM
I have one question for macsurfer.

You have a 'copy' of FCP 3.0.2 on your machine. Did you purchase this software, or is it warez?

I hope that you are a legal user. If not, how do you get off complaining about FREE software not meeting your every hope and dream, when you STEAL software from Apple?

P.S. If you are a legal owner of FCP, I suggest you forget about imovie and start getting some cash value for the $999 that you spent!!!

badhorsie777
Jan 31, 2003, 09:03 PM
Dude, is it just me... or does Macsurfer have that "whiny-three-year-old" complex? Gimme gimme gimme... and anyone who has any suggestions otherwise gets his elementary-school comebacks. Whether or not folks disagree with folks' opinions, can we all agree to just TRY to avoid the phrase "jerk *******"? I think it sort of brings things down a couple notches. BTW, I think a problem with one 3 hour old program that you got for FREE doesn't exactly warrant a tantrum. Now if everyone is having problems with this program being a resource hog, then FINE. Please remember I said that - you sort of have a problem with only reading what you want to read. But let's all agree that great things keep coming out of this company and they haven't exactly had this "screw our customers" ideal you seem to think they have.

...deep breath.... ahhhhh

jerk *******. that's a good one, though. ... gotta remember that.

p.s. the guy who suggested a new computer has a great idea. especially for video editing, it seems to be a great time to buy a mac. my two cents, though.

pyrotoaster
Jan 31, 2003, 09:16 PM
I agree with everyone who points out that a 500 MHz G3 just isn't designed for something like iMovie.
iMovie is extremely processor-intensive. A 400 MHz G3 is a minimum requirement. That doesn't mean it's going to work well on such an old machine. I wouldn't think of trying to seriously edit movies on my old G3 iMac.
You get angry at Apple because iMovie doesn't work well on your processor, yet you'd be much angrier if Apple just supported processor that were 700 MHz or higher, or something like that.

I like iMovie 3. It doesn't commandeer my desktop like previous versions, and the integration with iTunes, iPhoto, and iDVD is excellent (not that anyone with a G3 in their computer uses iDVD). I'll admit that iMovie 3 is a sluggish, even on my 800 MHz G4, but so was iMovie 2. If I wanted it to run faster, I'd have to go out and buy a Powermac, and I'm content with my iMac.

Seriously, if you're here complaining because iMovie is slow on a sub-700 MHz G3, you should realize that all the complaints in the world won't fix that. The only solution there is to go out and buy a new Mac (I hear the new Powerbooks are very nice).

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 09:19 PM
Yes, actually I DID buy it, but have not had it very long and have not had much time to use it. But for a simple slide show movie with music, why bother with FCP? I'd like to be able to use BOTH. AS for the rest of you, you can all go to hell.

chmorley
Jan 31, 2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I hate this free software because it doesn't meet my high standard. Everyone who disagrees with me is a jerk. All the other people who agree with me don't hang out here. I have no social skills and no friends. Wahhh.

My 60 year-old mother doesn't even use 800x600 on her 12 inch iBook.

People are funny. Not always in a good way.

Chris

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:22 PM
AS for the rest of you, you can all go to hell.
Well, I see you've really taken onboard peoples opinions in a very sensible, mature manor. Honestly, stop acting like a child and grow up :rolleyes:

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 09:26 PM
iMovie 3 still stinks.

badhorsie777
Jan 31, 2003, 09:28 PM
you can ALL GO TO HELL? What in the world is wrong with you? See, I have a problem with your uncivilized tone. It's un-Christian. If that does nothing for you, it's just not good manners. In the third place - what in the world is WRONG WITH YOU?! Grow up and breathe deep. Stop lashing out at regular folks who post and read these things.

If it makes you feel better, just read this part and forget that other stuff:

You are the only person to ever be dissatisfied with your computer experience. Your three year old computer is as fast as it ever should be to run anything EVER. These guys just don't understand how unique and important you are. You have every right to be a jerk to folks who cater to your problems and suggest solutions. ... I tell you who's behind it all... that Steve Jobs character. He seems shady to me - better WATCH OUT! He's out to get JUST YOU.

-I wish there was a sarcastic font so you could all get that as I intended.

nospleen
Jan 31, 2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by pyrotoaster
I agree with everyone who points out that a 500 MHz G3 just isn't designed for something like iMovie.
iMovie is extremely processor-intensive. A 400 MHz G3 is a minimum requirement. That doesn't mean it's going to work well on such an old machine. I wouldn't think of trying to seriously edit movies on my old G3 iMac.
You get angry at Apple because iMovie doesn't work well on your processor, yet you'd be much angrier if Apple just supported processor that were 700 MHz or higher, or something like that.

I like iMovie 3. It doesn't commandeer my desktop like previous versions, and the integration with iTunes, iPhoto, and iDVD is excellent (not that anyone with a G3 in their computer uses iDVD). I'll admit that iMovie 3 is a sluggish, even on my 800 MHz G4, but so was iMovie 2. If I wanted it to run faster, I'd have to go out and buy a Powermac, and I'm content with my iMac.

Seriously, if you're here complaining because iMovie is slow on a sub-700 MHz G3, you should realize that all the complaints in the world won't fix that. The only solution there is to go out and buy a new Mac (I hear the new Powerbooks are very nice).

I think you are kind of proving macsurfers point. Earlier he mentioned that alot of people with powermacs, pb's, etc.. over at apple.com were having issues as well. Obviously, imovie should run better on a powermac. But, if they are having problems, then it is more software related then hardware. I just switched from a pc, so I will take all of the free software I can get. Personally, I love the iapps!!

pyrotoaster
Jan 31, 2003, 09:29 PM
I've had this Mac for just over TWO years, exactly, as of January 2nd, 2003. Also, Apple has a reputation of releasing software half baked as of late. First they promise it will be ready by a certain date. Then they say, Uhhhhh no, it will be delayed. By then they are in a major hurry just to get it out the door so they just haul off and release it with flaws (like Jaguar) and then issue update after update after update. So yeah, I will criticize Apple. Plenty. Free software or not.

Oh and P.S. I haven't purchased anything from Apple in that time? What about Software??? What about my iSub? Oh, things like that don't count. I see. Only new machines. And since when did you have intimate knowledge of what I have or have not bought from Apple in the last two years? You might want to think before you speak.

About your iMac...
1. I love the Graphite DVSE, I still have mine. In my opinion, it may have bee one of the best G3 iMacs made.
2. That said, I got mine in late 1999. I upgraded to a SuperDrive iMac summer of 2002. I think it's time you upgraded your machine, too.

About your software rant...
1. About products (such as iLife) being delayed, every single company, whether they make computers or tractors, does that. Hell, AMD has been delaying their 64-bit processor since they first announced the thing (not that I'm complaining about that ;) )!
2. And, about Jaguar, how does it have any more updates than Cheetah (10.0) or Puma (10.1)? Updates are a natural thing, I'd rather spend ten minutes downloading 10.2.4, than have something go wrong.
You do complain a lot...

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie777

If it makes you feel better, just read this part and forget that other stuff:

You are the only person to ever be dissatisfied with your computer experience. Your three year old computer is as fast as it ever should be to run anything EVER. These guys just don't understand how unique and important you are. You have every right to be a jerk to folks who cater to your problems and suggest solutions. ... I tell you who's behind it all... that Steve Jobs character. He seems shady to me - better WATCH OUT! He's out to get JUST YOU.

ROFLMFAO!!!! :D
At least it's not just me in the firing line now ;)

pyrotoaster
Jan 31, 2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by nospleen
I think you are kind of proving macsurfers point. Earlier he mentioned that alot of people with powermacs, pb's, etc.. over at apple.com were having issues as well. Obviously, imovie should run better on a powermac. But, if they are having problems, then it is more software related then hardware. I just switched from a pc, so I will take all of the free software I can get. Personally, I love the iapps!!
I wasn't trying to prove him right in any way, but you do have a point.
I like iMovie 3 more than iMovie 2. I wouldn't run it on a G3 machine, or any processor below 700 MHz.
I like iApps, free or not (especially free).
Just as an observation, Apple released 3.0, but quickly released 3.0.1 and recommended upgrading if you had 3.0. That doesn't prove anything (in my opinion, at least), but it's interesting none the less.
BTW, Congratulations on Switching! :D

humantech
Jan 31, 2003, 09:37 PM
Once again hmmmm....
Who has final cut 3.02 "on" their computer and has never learned to use it?
My apologies macsurfer- At this point, i am pleasantly amazed that you are supporting the hard working chaps and chappettes at apple well by purchasing their higher end software(final cut) to run on a two year old imac, and still finding time to complain or even bother about the free imovie. Bravo and good time management!
Try iphoto. you'll really hate it( its not photoshop, which I'm sure you also ahem, "have" on your machine) - Also, I recommend complaining about itunes ( Its not really protools now is it?), and idvd(er...sorry when you've got a dvd burner to complain about would be a good time to worry about this one)- I myself take serious offense to the "clock" app apple ships with os X, as it is nowhere NEAR as good as my casio next to the bed, and Geez, DO NOT get me started on the chess game ( not even close to kasparov)
I do apologize. I misunderstood you from the start, and would like to add myself to the list of "Jerk *******s". Bygones.....

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 09:38 PM
Well I just emailed the webmaster of this site and asked him to unregister me. If that doesn't work, this might.

**** YOU you LIMEY *******.

And **** the rest of you **** heads too!

And no, I don't have Photoshop.

iMovie 3 stinks, and Apple has been releasing crap lately.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by humantech
Once again hmmmm....
My apologies macsurfer- At this point, i am pleasantly amazed that you are supporting the hard working chaps and chappettes at apple well by purchasing their higher end software(final cut) to run on a two year old imac, and still finding time to complain or even bother about the free imovie. Bravo and good time management!
Try iphoto. you'll really hate it( its not photoshop, which I'm sure you also ahem, "have" on your machine) - Also, I recommend complaining about itunes ( Its not really protools now is it?), and idvd(er...sorry when you've got a dvd burner to complain about would be a good time to worry about this one)- I myself take serious offense to the "clock" app apple ships with os X, as it is nowhere NEAR as good as my casio next to the bed, and Geez, DO NOT get me started on the chess game ( not even close to kasparov)
I do apologize. I misunderstood you from the start, and would like to add myself to the list of "Jerk *******s". Bygones.....
OMG! Please stop! You're killing me! Macsurfer started ripping me to pieces when I wasn't even taking the mick out of him....his gonna flip at you guys! This should be interesting...

badhorsie777
Jan 31, 2003, 09:41 PM
Once again hmmmm....

Good point. When was the last time you spent a grand on some software and then just sort of "let it be" for a while and never bothered to learn it much?

That's all I had to say besides your sig makes me laugh every time I've read it.

chmorley
Jan 31, 2003, 09:42 PM
No no! Don't leave! We're soooooo sorry!

I'm gonna miss you so much. :(

That gentle manner...That witty repartée...I'll cry myself to sleep tonight...

Chris

p.s., this stopped being about the quality of Apple software when you started acting like a petulant 13 year-old.

Jimong5
Jan 31, 2003, 09:42 PM
iMove is VERY fast on my Mac, and its the low end of the last revision(Windtunnel, NOT too loud BTW), so there. If you want fast, get a new Mac. just one of my G4s alone is twice the clock of your iMac, and the fact I got 2 further broadens the deficiet (rough math says my PM is 28 of yours in fractal tests, my comparison being my 400 G3 Pismo) So, seeing as apples slowest ACTIVE Mac is the 700 MHz eMac (G3 iMac doesnt count because 1.) its rumored dead soon, and 2.)hasnt seen new goods for a year and a half.) and id be willing to say the eMac would handle it just fine. Time to get a new one, and stop complaining.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:44 PM
Well I just emailed the webmaster of this site and asked him to unregister me. If that doesn't work, this might.

**** YOU you LIMEY *******.

And no, I don't have Photoshop.

iMovie 3 stinks, and Apple has been releasing crap lately.
[sheds a tear] What can I say, when all this began I was just stating my opinion, but you had to make it develop to such a point that people start making fun of you and you end up getting very annoyed. You wanna watch that blood pressure ;)

oh well.....cya! :p

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:46 PM

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 09:48 PM
Chmorley go home and **** your 60 yr old mother.

LethalWolfe
Jan 31, 2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jimong5
iMove is VERY fast on my Mac, and its the low end of the last revision(Windtunnel, NOT too loud BTW), so there. If you want fast, get a new Mac.

No offense Jimong5, but you gotta learn to keep up man. ;) It's been stated 3 or 4 times now that people running ALL kinds of systems (Pismo's to dual 1.25 machines) are having problems currently having issue w/iMovie 3.

Lethal

Freg3000
Jan 31, 2003, 09:51 PM
Perhaps someone should start a new thread actually discussing the problems with iMovie. I think this thread has gone down the drain for all intents and purposes.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:51 PM
Chmorley go home and **** your 60 yr old mother.
WTF??? I thought u'd decided you couldn't stand us all and had left? Now your back making more personal attacks than ever?

yzedf
Jan 31, 2003, 09:52 PM
Whomever it was that said you (macsurfer) should quit bitching about free software on old hardware is absolutely correct.

Have you thought of un-installing ver 3?

Why or why not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as Apple is concerned, they need to decide if they are a hardware, or a software company.

It seems to be that in order for the to produce good, or just passable, software requires upgrading some form of OSS. I have in mind OS X itself, as well as Safari (in a few months).

There is nothing wrong with this idealogy... but they need to put up or shut up as far as this entire digital hub "iLife" thing.

And who named that anyway? Sounds very 3rd rate to me. I was shocked to find out what it actually was.

PERFORMANCE has more than the letters P and R in it... :rolleyes:

PS - arn... is macsurfer banned yet?

chmorley
Chmorley go home and **** your 60 yr old mother. I'm sorry, macsurfer, what does **** mean?

Are you crying?

That's sweet.

They're so cute when they get like this. :)

macsurfer
I'm hoping to get kicked off this website faster.

So go **** yourself you stupid limey *******.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 09:55 PM

I'm still wondering why you want to be kicked off the site, why don't you just leave if you want to? Or perhaps that's a little to simple and obvious.

yzedf
Jan 31, 2003, 09:56 PM

limey means British.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read your first post or 3 and was starting to feel you... and then it was like beep beep beep and I was seeing red.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 09:57 PM
Because it's more fun this way. And you keep coming back for more...

Jesus ****ing christ, do I have to report my own posts?

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 10:00 PM

Jesus ****ing christ, do I have to report my own posts?
heh, maybe. It's not often that we get such a childish moron round here, people are having fun teasing you.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 10:01 PM
I love it, there is a post on the iMovie forum at Apple.com titled "UNrelease it".

You started this whole thing you british dick with your tone and sarcasm.

humantech
Jan 31, 2003, 10:02 PM
Macsurfer- wait-- Dont go...
I feel this need to explain myself further, as I feel through some vague, inexplicable force that there may be bad blood when you go back to your other forums, never to return and complain again....
1) i never said I didnt love you. some of the best times of my life have been sitting here reading your posts and imagining you switching back and forth between your imac and your "hot off the truck" X-box, noting how much better the cut scene video runs in halo than imovie 3...

2) I Really dont think I could bear it if I didnt have thought provoking posts, such as yours, to inspire me
Ahem - to wit I quoth
"**** YOU you LIMEY *******.

And no, I don't have Photoshop."

<sniff> Pure magic!

imagine the subtle tones of " the way we were" playing in the background as you leave the site, never looking back

Also, in case you want to comment further- I have no grandmother I'm interesting in doing anything with that involves letters of the verb being replaced with the asterisk symbol... I do however appreciate your desire to help me explore taboos, in advance....

To all else on the forum- courage - We will go on through this loss......

I cant believe what a jerk ******* I am becoming in my old age.... At least I'm not a limey.... :D

vniow
Jan 31, 2003, 10:03 PM
I think macsurfer should remain a member forever, just for sheer torture purposes alone.http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/veronica/grinning.gif

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 10:03 PM
I don't own an X box. I hate video games.

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 10:04 PM
OH god the ****ing drag queen.

yzedf
Jan 31, 2003, 10:05 PM

I cant believe what a jerk ******* I am becoming in my old age.... At least I'm not a limey.... :D

lol

:D

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 10:05 PM
You started this whole thing you british dick with your tone and sarcasm.
How good of you to nitice I'm British, I'm faltered. Actually I;m English, perhaps now you know that you can think up a new name for me? I look forward to it :p

vniow
Jan 31, 2003, 10:06 PM
OH god the ****ing drag queen.

So you want me to personally torture you?

macsurfer
Jan 31, 2003, 10:07 PM
OH you're English but not British? Since when was England not a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain?