PDA

View Full Version : MSN on apple?

Wano
Jan 31, 2003, 07:16 PM
I currently have a dell, very outdated dell, and right now i am using AOL DSL, but it's way too expensive. It comes out to about $55 a month. So, we are planning on switching to MSN DSL cause it's onl $40 a month. But, I am getting a mac soon, so I was wondering if MSN is available for macs? If not does anyone know any good internet/DSL providers? Thanks!

zarathustra
Jan 31, 2003, 07:46 PM
With a mac, you will be much happier if you avoid AOL, and I don't think MSN works on a mac.

You can look at Earthlink, or just do a search on these forums/internet for DSL providers in your area. OSX is very standards friendly, and unless you tell the tech support guy - it's so transparent - they don't even know you are using a mac.

A friend is using a DSL from SW Bell, which is very unmac, and very unfriendly - but she just plugged it in, turned on PPPoE with her login and the numbers provided for a Windows machine, and she was up and running. They still assume she is using Win2k.

000111one111000
Jan 31, 2003, 09:01 PM
MSN for Mac is due out later this year.

Microsoft demo's MSN client for Mac OS X.

January 8, 2003

-- For the first time, Microsoft is demonstrating a tech preview of its Mac OS X Client for MSN at Macworld Expo. The client is used to access Microsoft's MSN service, aimed at providing service and content to home users. The e-mail component uses code from Entourage X. Unlike AOL for Mac OS X, the Client for MSN puts everything in one window.

I'm not sure of the exact release date, but I'm sure if you search the net you'll turn up something.

and, I just found this link.

MSN for Mac OS X (http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/1450711)

enoch

janey
Feb 1, 2003, 12:19 AM
MSN is available for Mac OS X.

Why do I know this? Because the stoopid badge holders they were giving to people at macworld SF 2003 had "MSN for Mac OS X" on them.

How stupid is that?

GeeYouEye
Feb 1, 2003, 01:55 AM
Don't bother getting MSN DSL. All it is, like any DSL that comes from Earthlink, AOL, or DirectTV, is nothing more than rebranded DSL from your local phone company. So if you can get it from them, that will be cheapest. The two big ones around are SBC and Verizon. There may be a few others.