PDA

View Full Version : Strange Java GUI Problem & DiVX???

GilGrissom
Mar 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
Greetings all you excellent software developers!!

I would be grateful if I could take just a moment of your time to ask you some questions about java. :)

I'm trying to do some java coding creating GUIs, but each time I run the program (from it compiling fine!) I get strange errors which point to DivX??!!:confused:

This is the error message I get: :o

CFLog (21): Error loading /System/Library/QuickTime/DivX 5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5: error code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded: /Library/Application Support/DivXNetworks/liblame3.92.dylib
Referenced from: /System/Library/QuickTime/DivX 5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5
Reason: image not found)
:confused:

What I was doing up to it was simply creating a single JFrame in a test class, compiling it (using 1.5.0-I have to paste the "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/javac" in every time into Terminal)...it compiled fine, then when I come to run it this error comes up.

I notice that in the dock the java icon appears and the JFrame tries to open, but doesn't appear. It freezes there for a second before vanishing completely, leaving me with this horrible confusing error message.

As you can see it keeps making references to DiVX, which I'm really confused by.

Can anyone help me please, as I'm getting just a tad frustrated (deadlines n all!!):confused: :mad: :o :(

Many thanks!! :)