PDA

View Full Version : any Nano updates soon?

flat6
Mar 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm leaving for Germany in a month (doing nanoengineering research, amusingly enough) and I need a music player. I've got just under 8 GB of music, so an 8 GB Nano would be absolutely ideal. Any ideas as to whether Apple's putting one out anytime soon?

I'd be extremely pissed off if I bought a 4 GB and then a few weeks later the 8 GB of my dreams came out. (And I'd rather not deal with the regular iPod's extra bulk; also, most of its 30 GB would be left empty.)

StarbucksSam
Mar 26, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well... there has been little talk about the nano lately... BUT Apple's 30th anniversary is coming up on April 1 and we're expecting SOMETHING big around then. Stay tuned until at least then would be my advice, unless you can get an AMAZING deal on a 4 gig nano *like 175 new*.

Chaszmyr
Mar 26, 2006, 04:15 PM
An 8gb Nano is probably very unlikely. If and when the nano gets updated, it will almost definitely be 6gb.

Sam*
Mar 26, 2006, 04:19 PM
i want a 15GB nano,,,ok i am just being stupid:rolleyes:

TheMasin9
Mar 26, 2006, 07:31 PM
sorry, but i think apple is selling nanos just fine and prolly wont update the line for a couple more months.

Caitlyn
Mar 26, 2006, 07:59 PM
I want the Nano to be updated so bad! I am just waiting for an upgrade to buy. For me too, an 8GB Nano would be perfect. But I would settle for 6GB. I just want it to be at least the equivalent to my current Mini so that at least makes it worth the money being that I'll get a smaller form factor and color screen.

MacSA
Mar 27, 2006, 06:47 AM
I would guess capacities of 2, 4 and 6GB would be a possibilty for the next Nano update.

Play Ultimate
Mar 27, 2006, 07:34 AM
Was at Costco yesterday, in addition to PPC Minis and iMacs on sale, I also saw 2GB and 4GB Nanos on sale. :eek:

Either sales are real bad, or they are clearing them out for a new version.

(I don't recall the price. However, I need to go back today to return something so I'll check it out again. )

BlizzardBomb
Mar 27, 2006, 10:45 AM
I would guess capacities of 2, 4 and 6GB would be a possibilty for the next Nano update.

Agreed. I think if you have just under 8GB of music, shouldn't you go with a 30GB iPod. If you get an 8GB Nano (if one is going to come out) you wouldn't be able to put anything more on it and have to go through the hassle of deleting and adding songs.