Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

florencevassy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Princeton, NJ
I was using Dreamweaver for a few hours yesterday afternoon for a site I am working on, and everything was fine. When I started to work again last night I copied and moved one of the html files to a new folder on my desktop (because I had to burn a copy of it to take to my class). The system asked me if I wanted to update links and I said yes (I think I shouldn’t have said yes…big mistake?? :( ).

Now when I try to start Dreamweaver I get the main menu but always with a spinning beach ball and I can’t do anything else. I rebooted my computer and repaired permissions just in case but that did not solve the problem.

I am using Dreamweaver MX and Mac OS X Panther. I plan to upgrade to Dreamweaver 8 but in my class we are using MX so I think I would like to stick to MX until class is over.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

steveedge

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Beach Ball

Changing the links should not have caused this problem, however, I would suggest putting the files back exactly the way they were before you moved them. Also make sure to let the ball spin for a while. It could be that DW is scanning your files and will eventually start.
If that doesn't work, try trashing your DW Prefs in User/Library/Preferences
You do not have to actually put them in the trash, just drag them onto your desktop. make sure to put them back if it does not help.
Good Luck,

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
I bet it has to do with your site definition. Maybe you defined another site within it, and after moving it out, it went bananas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.