PDA

View Full Version : A Blonde Boo

floriflee
Mar 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
If Boo from "Monsters, Inc" had been a blonde I think she would have looked very much like my cute little niece. The hubby and I went out to visit her and her new little sister (and the rest of the family) last week and we got a few shots of her that I just can't help looking at and smiling. Isn't she the cutest 17 month old ever?? :D

This is her first backpack and she picked the shoes....

Doctor Q
Mar 27, 2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, especially with the b-b-bling (boots, backpack, bracelet, and star-studded jacket).

floriflee
Mar 27, 2006, 04:36 PM
Good eye about the bracelets. I don't know if it's a requirement for motherhood, but her mom (my sister) has become exceedingly crafty since becoming a mom--scrapbooking, beading and the likes. I think this little girl and her sister have more bracelets made by their mom than jewelry I have ever worn in my entire life. She calls them "pretties" and has to wear at least one with everything.

iSaint
Mar 27, 2006, 04:40 PM
She DOES look like Boo!

Doctor Q
Mar 27, 2006, 04:42 PM
Some of the kids in my family (a bit older than your niece) insist on wearing as many of those "good cause" rubber bracelets as possible. Lance Armstrong, Cure Poverty, Save the Gnus, Free Winona, etc. Whatever the cause, those bracelets are the "in" thing.

joepunk
Mar 27, 2006, 05:26 PM
My Uni has a blue one for their alumni. I have several collecting dust in my desk.

OutThere
Mar 27, 2006, 08:51 PM
Some of the kids in my family (a bit older than your niece) insist on wearing as many of those "good cause" rubber bracelets as possible. Lance Armstrong, Cure Poverty, Save the Gnus, Free Winona, etc. Whatever the cause, those bracelets are the "in" thing.

I've seen adults wearing what looked like 5 or 6 of those bracelets on each wrist...:rolleyes:

ITASOR
Mar 27, 2006, 09:06 PM
I dun think it's a good idea to post kids pictures on teh internet.

OutThere
Mar 27, 2006, 09:07 PM
I dun think it's a good idea to post kids pictures on teh internet.

How's that? I don't see anything really wrong with it. :confused:

jsw
Mar 27, 2006, 09:13 PM
I think she's adorable.

My Uni has a blue one for their alumni. I have several collecting dust in my desk.
My desk is too small for even one 17-month old. How do you fit several in yours?

Edit: never mind. I missed Doctor Q's post before yours.

OutThere
Mar 27, 2006, 09:17 PM
I think she's adorable.

My desk is too small for even one 17-month old. How do you fit several in yours?

Edit: never mind. I missed Doctor Q's post before yours.

I rofl'd. That's rare on forums for me...you're quick. :D

balamw
Mar 27, 2006, 11:26 PM
Very cute!

One suggestion for those taking pics of small kids/dogs/cats/etc...

Bring yourself (well the camera) to their level when taking the picture, they tend to look a lot more natural then instead of being viewed from 40,000 feet...

B

Doctor Q
Mar 27, 2006, 11:27 PM
Now I remember where I've see that hair style before.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000A0GYC8.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Eevee
Mar 27, 2006, 11:31 PM
Pipi Longstocking!

Wow, that brought back memories! Is that your DVD collection Dr. Q? :D

Doctor Q
Mar 27, 2006, 11:36 PM
Pipi Longstocking!

Wow, that brought back memories! Is that your DVD collection Dr. Q? :DNo, as a matter of fact, but perhaps floriflee's niece would like to have it.

jimN
Mar 27, 2006, 11:38 PM

Apparently combinations can be used to show sexual orientation and availability and are being put to that use in secondary schools - must be true it was in The Sun!

floriflee
Mar 28, 2006, 09:28 AM
No, as a matter of fact, but perhaps floriflee's niece would like to have it.

Funny you should mention that....

Lyle
Mar 28, 2006, 10:03 AM
Funny you should mention that...She is a cutie. That last picture (with the "Pippi Longstocking" hair) reminds me of a little girl we saw recently in a restaurant. It was a Sunday, so she was all dressed up for church, and had this gigantic bow on her head. It was a tad too big for her three or four year-old head, and I was worried that she would tip over. ;)

Cloudgazer
Mar 28, 2006, 10:47 AM
She may be cute, but would you let her near your Mac is the most important question?
:p

cgratti
Mar 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
great shots, she's a cutie...

Counterfit
Mar 29, 2006, 01:00 AM
I don't know if it's a requirement for motherhood, but her mom (my sister) has become exceedingly crafty since becoming a mom--scrapbooking, beading and the likes.
No, my mother only started doing it a few years ago, and has now taken over my brother's old room. It's bigger than mine! :eek: Not that I'm complaining about not having the room. They asked me if I wanted it, but I didn't feel like moving all my stuff in there.