PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my eMac!

kksolano
Mar 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
While I’m waiting for the new awesome imac intel 20” to be delivered.
I would like to give a public address to my beautiful and much loved eMac 1GHz with 256 Mb Ram.
The little thing has served me so well, & rest assured this beautiful mechine will be going to a good home (a teenage) as their first computer! Hopefully she’ll fall in love with eMac as I have done. Lets hope she'll be hooked to Mac as i was.
Alas, all good things come to an end.

I Love you eMac.

If others have a soft spot for their muched loved old eMacs, let it be known..

Johnny Rico
Mar 27, 2006, 04:35 PM
Emacs are cool. Never owned one but had one at work for about a year. I like that they're such a similar form factor to the original imac, which I also like.

eXan
Mar 27, 2006, 05:05 PM
Yes we also sold our eMac a while ago. I miss it :o

However it was very slow - 700 MHz with 640 MB RAM, but you know...

MattyMac
Mar 27, 2006, 05:10 PM
Never had a emac...but congrats on the new imac purchase...you must be stoked!

lamina
Mar 27, 2006, 05:13 PM
eMacs rock so much, one prof at my school ordered *25* for one of his labs.

We now have 25 eMacs sitting in our stock room. It's a beauitful sight.

eXan
Mar 27, 2006, 05:26 PM
eMacs rock so much, one prof at my school ordered *25* for one of his labs.

We now have 25 eMacs sitting in our stock room. It's a beauitful sight.

Well if you had 25 Quads sitting there, I'd be more impressed :D

aquajet
Mar 27, 2006, 05:30 PM
Emacs are cool. Never owned one but had one at work for about a year. I like that they're such a similar form factor to the original imac, which I also like.

Emacs? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs) I think you mean eMac. :p ;)

mjstew33
Mar 27, 2006, 05:35 PM
We have them at school, I love them too. I've always itched for one, have became REALLY close to getting one, but I got an iMac G5 instead.

Great machines, great price. :)

emaja
Mar 27, 2006, 05:38 PM
I loved my 1.25GHz model too. I sold it to buy my 20" 1.8GHz G5 iMac. I fell i love with the huge widescreen and couldn't image not having it now.

kksolano
Mar 27, 2006, 05:43 PM
While I’m waiting for the new awesome imac intel 20” to be delivered.
I would like to give a public address to my beautiful and much loved eMac 1GHz with 256 Mb Ram.
The little thing has served me so well, & rest assured this beautiful mechine will be going to a good home (a teenage) as their first computer! Hopefully she’ll fall in love with eMac as I have done. Lets hope she'll be hooked to Mac as i was.
Alas, all good things come to an end.

I Love you eMac.

If others have a soft spot for their muched loved old eMacs, let it be known..

Could the eMac be the "Best" ever first computer?

QCassidy352
Mar 27, 2006, 05:56 PM
my family has a 1 Ghz emac, and it really is a great computer. Then again, there really isn't any mac that I don't like...

the Helix
Mar 27, 2006, 06:04 PM
We offered to upgrade my mother's eMac to a 20" iMac G5, but she refused saying how much she liked her eMac. There has to be something said about its adorability factor.

kksolano
Mar 28, 2006, 10:01 AM
YAY! for eMac... interesting news about the emac intel rumor!!
Theres still life in the old baby yet.......
Lets hope the eMac gets better & Better.:)

ingenious
Mar 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
YAY! for eMac... interesting news about the emac intel rumor!!
Theres still life in the old baby yet.......
Lets hope the eMac gets better & Better.:)

I'm confused about the Intel eMac rumors... the eMac has been discontinued in the main Apple Store...

edit: It is available refurbished for US$569.

Mord
Mar 28, 2006, 10:34 AM
i like VI.

jemeinc
Mar 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
I love my eMac... It's the only Mac I've owned that didn't need a logic board replacement (or 3)...lol... This things a tank- it'll never die... I use it every day..Long Live the eMac!!!!...lol...The kids use the G5 iMac and I use the clunky old workhorse...I like it that way....

bpd115
Mar 28, 2006, 12:14 PM
I love my eMac... It's the only Mac I've owned that didn't need a logic board replacement (or 3)...lol... This things a tank- it'll never die... I use it every day..Long Live the eMac!!!!...lol...The kids use the G5 iMac and I use the clunky old workhorse...I like it that way....

My sister's 1 Ghz eMac with 768 of RAM has been running her husband's trucking business for the last 2 years now. Like a good little solider it will be replaced with my dad's 20" iMac G5 1.8 when he orders his 20" iMac Core Duo.

That will take over the business and the eMac will retire to the room of my 7 year old Nephew.

jericho53
Mar 28, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'm confused about the Intel eMac rumors... the eMac has been discontinued in the main Apple Store...

edit: It is available refurbished for US$569.

It's also available through the Apple education store. Interesting how Apple quietly quit offering the eMac through the Apple store. I guess they didn't want it to compete with the mac mini as the entry level mac.

mark!
Mar 28, 2006, 02:51 PM
I don't like the screen, you can see the round part that is under the flat glass thingy...the screen is kinda blury...i don't know I jsut don't like the screen.

jruc4871
Mar 28, 2006, 03:00 PM
proud eMac owner here. My first Mac, it's a 1.25Ghz with Superdrive, 80GB HDD and 1GB of RAM. It will be 2 years old in August and nary a hiccup so far.

Steve willing I will keep this thing around as an iTunes/Web/Picture box for years to come.

DougTheImpaler
Mar 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
I also have a 1GHz eMac. I've talked to my wife about upgrading it but she just won't let it go. It's her computer, so who am I to push things?

igucl
Mar 28, 2006, 03:58 PM
My first Mac was an eMac. I returned it the next day and got an iMac. I liked it that much.

kksolano
Mar 29, 2006, 03:10 PM
My sister's 1 Ghz eMac with 768 of RAM has been running her husband's trucking business for the last 2 years now. Like a good little solider it will be replaced with my dad's 20" iMac G5 1.8 when he orders his 20" iMac Core Duo.

That will take over the business and the eMac will retire to the room of my 7 year old Nephew.

The eMac will be a great first ever computer! I think little solder (talking of the Mac here; not the kid) will be tougher and able to withstand anything any 7year old could throw at it!
I was thinking, if every eMac could tell a story, I wonder about the good story’s all those eMac’s could tell? I’ve never known an unhappy eMac. :)

Still on my Emac till April 6th.
Will post some pics of my set up soon. Kevin.