Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
for those who are farmiliar with the procedure... http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=12293

The program switches the HID mode to HCI. To run open CMD and run
hid2hci.exe 05ac 1000

***WHEN i do this it says windows cannot find it, and to try searching for it, and i can do so manually, but what is the "05ac1 1000" bit for? if i locate the file manually then is this left out???

Edit the file btwusb.inf in the install dir of the stack .. in program files under widcomm or anycom \bin\btwusb.inf.. After line 151 (under [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1] .. add
%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

Now in your System properties, under Bluetooth devices. if you already have a generic bluetooth device.. change the driver and point it to that above dir (where you edited the file).

***I AM GUESSING that i am meant to go to controlpanel/system/hardware/device manager, and selecting what is under bluetooth devices, updating the driver, clicking on "no not this time,", "install fro specific location", and "don't search, i will choose which driver to install" and then selecting the file above that i modified, right?????

and then i install the driver and it seems to work just fine, but the bluetooth icon remains blue and red, not blue and white, and when i try to pair my BLUETAKE bluetooth mouse using "my bluetooth places" and the bluetrooth setup wizard, it just says "no local bluetooth device was detected"

WHAT AM I MISSING AND WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!

JFDLSAK;FLDK;FJKLQERJ32R5UI20[ 5290

r.

The RED BT icon should turn white and everything should work.. (Some say APPLE BT keybaord and mouse might not work but havent tested yet).

http://www.filefactory.com/get/v3/f2.php?f...af8519e52a1a964

Compufix

macrumors regular
May 7, 2002
PA
If you are on a 20" iMac you need to change the last number of the edited line you put in the ini file.

%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

Should be

%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206 <---note the 6 not 5

The rest is correct, once you run the hdi util with 05ac 1000 it should work.

But you need to edit the ini correctly for the 20" iMac and then update the drivers and point to that file.

-Compufix

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.