Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I just found out my Grandma is buying a new computer when she moves into her new apartment. That means she will no longer have any use for her iMac G3. So I told her I would be more than willing to take it off of her hands :)

Not sure what I would use it for, other than Folding on it. I can't remember what the specs are on it, but I think it is somewhere around 500 MHz.

Also, it will be nice to have a system that can still boot into OS 9. I kind of miss OS 9! I don't have a Mac anymore that can do this. The last one I had was a TiBook, but it died so I sold it to PBfixit.com for some cash.

Anyway, I was just a little excited about that!

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
spencecb said:
I just found out my Grandma is buying a new computer when she moves into her new apartment. That means she will no longer have any use for her iMac G3. So I told her I would be more than willing to take it off of her hands :)

Not sure what I would use it for, other than Folding on it. I can't remember what the specs are on it, but I think it is somewhere around 500 MHz.

Also, it will be nice to have a system that can still boot into OS 9. I kind of miss OS 9! I don't have a Mac anymore that can do this. The last one I had was a TiBook, but it died so I sold it to PBfixit.com for some cash.

Anyway, I was just a little excited about that!

Stuff it with ram and put a newer, faster, bigger hard drive in it with Tiger. It will work like a dream. Did that with a 500mhz iMac meself.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
That's awesome. I don't know if I will invest much money in it, since I already use an iMac G5 and a MacBook Pro.

It's amazing how well old Apple hardware holds up to the newest OS.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
California said:
Stuff it with ram and put a newer, faster, bigger hard drive in it with Tiger.

He said he wanted Mac OS 9!:p

But it sounds cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.