PDA

View Full Version : Help Me My Ipod Has Gone Mad!

absolutmp5
Mar 30, 2006, 02:48 AM
ok heres the deal, i connect my 4thgen ipod to my mac via front firewire. I can transfer songs but after a certain small amount of time, the music transfer to the ipod freezes. If i try to eject using the eject button in itunes the whole mac begins to lock up with the beachball of death. i am forced every time to forcibly unplug the ipod and manually force it to restart. What should i do people! I have already reset the firmware for ipod so dont mention that lol. Also the ipod gets extremely warm!

mad jew
Mar 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
Does it make a clicking noise? You may have a failing hard drive. Mine showed the exact same symptoms when its hard disk failed. :(

lamina
Mar 30, 2006, 08:33 AM
I repair iPods for money on the side, and all the things you just described are all the telltale signs of a dead hard drive. If you're within your one year warranty or have purchased AppleCare, youre in luck. If not, It is pretty costly to replace a hard drive (check eBay for prices on iPod hard drives). You're probably better off selling it on eBay, since broken iPods do go for good money, and using that money towards a new iPod

Sorry for your loss.

absolutmp5
Mar 30, 2006, 09:28 AM
what is good money?