PDA

View Full Version : Dockless

mac15
Feb 2, 2003, 12:16 AM
Well its about time someone made an app that can do this, it make it so you can hide or show running apps in your dock, say your running an app which has an ugly icon or a menubar app which still shows its icon, you can hide it away from your dock.

I'd use this with launchbar and dragthing, since its annoying having unwanted icons in your dock.

Freeware to, you got nothing to lose

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18195

mnkeybsness
Feb 2, 2003, 01:57 AM
finally!...now i can hide aquamon since the icon was sooo ugly!

medea
Feb 2, 2003, 09:22 AM
in a few weeks let us know if it screws up anything. if it hides the app it makes it more of a pain to quit the apps that are hidden right?

MrMacMan
Feb 2, 2003, 10:49 AM
Post a Screen Shot because the last thing that modifiyed my computer I got my first kernel panic. :mad:

uhlawboi80
Feb 2, 2003, 12:14 PM
i could see how this may be useful...though mainly just to keep my dock from getting flooded by the open program icons.

but for ugly icons...why not just change them? i change them to something i like if they are too ugly :p

mnkeybsness
Feb 4, 2003, 07:32 PM
dockless has worked wonderfully for me...the only problem is that you can't hide drag thing...apparently the program only hides cocoa apps and drag thing is not written in cocoa (what is it?)

i'm very happy i got rid of aquamon from my dock...i love using it, but i hate seeing the icon

TheInevitable
Feb 13, 2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by uhlawboi80
i could see how this may be useful...though mainly just to keep my dock from getting flooded by the open program icons.

but for ugly icons...why not just change them? i change them to something i like if they are too ugly :p

Excuse me for being an OSX retard, but how do you change your icons in OSX? When I try to do it like in OS9, it doesn't work.