Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Choice quotes from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060330/tc_nm/universalmediadisc_dc_4

Exactly a year after it was launched in the United States, the Sony PlayStation Portable's days as a hand-held movie-viewing device might be numbered.

"No one's watching movies on PSP," said the president of one of the six major studios' home entertainment divisions. "It's a game player, period."

"I think a lot of people are ripping content and sticking it onto the device rather than purchasing," he said.

Yet, at the same time, people actually seem to be downloading a fair amount of video for the 5G iPod from iTMS. Makes you wonder.... I guess we'll see when/if theatrical movies ever show up on iTMS.

B

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
I took a survey after buying a few UMD films, and one of the questions was regarding bundling UMDs with DVDs.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
OnceUGoMac said:
I took a survey after buting a few UMD films, and one of the questions was regarding bundling UMDs with DVDs.
Sounds similar to the download approach in the UK that was mentioned here a few weeks ago, download the movie now, get the DVD by mail.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.