PDA

View Full Version : Ipods should have visualizers!

adk
Mar 30, 2006, 05:38 PM
Why hasn't apple put the visualizer on the ipod yet? It seems that they definitely want people to use the color screen to its full potential.

Jaffa Cake
Mar 30, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'd say most likely because when people listen to their iPods they generally have them in a pocket, while walking, commuting, working or whatever people as a general rule aren't looking at them while they listen to their music. Having a visualiser on would, for most people, be pretty pointless.

Revlimit Punk
Mar 30, 2006, 05:48 PM
Running a visualizer takes a lot of cpu power. Even if the if the cpu in the next iPod was up to the task, it would drain the battery at a very fast rate.

kretzy
Mar 30, 2006, 06:02 PM
What purpose would it serve? If you're just listening to music it's unlikely that you'll be looking at the screen the whole time, so it would just be a drain on the battery.

mad jew
Mar 30, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'd like the visualiser to be like the Batman signal, projected into the night sky. This way I wouldn't have to sit, staring at my little iPod screen for the hour it'd take to drain the battery. :cool:

Sol
Mar 30, 2006, 07:09 PM
I think it would be a good feature for TV output. Yes, the battery would be drained but if the iPod is connected to the television then chances are that it is also docked and recharged at the same time. I would also like to see menu navigation on the TV by using the Apple remote that the new dock works with.