PDA

View Full Version : i need an ipod...

sam10685
Mar 30, 2006, 05:42 PM
does anyone know if sites like free ipods.com works? and if so, how? and why?

mad jew
Mar 30, 2006, 05:44 PM
Try this site (http://store.apple.com/), works every time. :cool:

bousozoku
Mar 30, 2006, 05:47 PM
Those sites don't work here. It's a sure way to be banned.

They're pyramid schemes. You have to get other people to help you, while you're helping someone else and they're helping someone else and...you get the picture.

Someone gets the iPod, but you probably don't know them. It's remotely possible that you could get one, but you shouldn't hold your breath.

sam10685
Mar 30, 2006, 07:19 PM
i had a feeling those sites were b.s... thank u. :)

sprstu
Mar 31, 2006, 11:37 AM
I dont know about calling it BS, just a hassle. tech.tv did a whole thing about them before and the site actaully working. You do have to jump through a ton of hoops and get others to do the same, but if you have the time and the energy to do that, it works. I know a bunch of people who tried but never completed it, and one person who stuck to it and did get their ipod. And hell, if there is a $20 option, such as "sign up for the blockbuster online movie rentals" you could get 3 other people to do it and YOU pay for the initial installment and have them cancel it when they want to after that. This way youre going to spend like $80 and still get your iPod w/video or whatever they are doign now.
A really good optioin is to check out the refurbished store over at apple.com. in the store search box type in "refurbished". right now they have a ton old iPod Minis selling for $150, and a few colors and photos.

darwen
Apr 1, 2006, 08:54 PM
no, they work. The idea is you sign up and subscribe to a service. Once you are approved you can have 5 friends do the same. If everyone completes it you get a product and then they can do the same thing. It is a pyramid. It is a pain and ultimately some people get screwed but it does work!

sam10685
Apr 3, 2006, 12:54 AM
no, they work. The idea is you sign up and subscribe to a service. Once you are approved you can have 5 friends do the same. If everyone completes it you get a product and then they can do the same thing. It is a pyramid. It is a pain and ultimately some people get screwed but it does work!

so, if people get screwed-- then, WHY would u want to do it?

Badandy
Apr 3, 2006, 01:04 AM
so, if people get screwed-- then, WHY would u want to do it?

because it's not you