Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DCapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
13672_ipodcoke_qjgenth.png

The world's biggest softdrink company, Coca-Cola learning the advertising ropes from the popular digital music player, the iPod.

The company really knows how to reach their consumers….cause they know that iPods are one of the powerful tool to reach people now a days…cause its the most popular gadget at this time…

i think they are doing the right thing....

they surely are the real thing!

do you think this ad will work? (work with me....)
and do you think coke is doing the right thing choosing iPod as their inspiration?

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
I dont get it. Are they selling iPods like this? Or are they selling these stickers? The only way I can think that they would actually get people to grab one of these is if they were at a discounted rate or given away free in a contest.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
darwen said:
I dont get it. Are they selling iPods like this? Or are they selling these stickers?
None of the above. They are simply rolling out a new ad campaign and slogan, the iPod mention in the press was just to grab attention.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I seriously doubt that Apple would allow another company to do something like this in an ad campaign. Coke certainly would have to ask permission and Apple would certainly say, "No."

DCapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
i dont think they are selling shuffles like that....cause i agree that apple is not gonna allow this things...

but i think coke is just wants to create an image like the iPod's....
maybe the photo is just for the campaign poster....;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.