PDA

View Full Version : Question About iPod Shuffle Dock --

Afro1989
Apr 2, 2006, 11:06 AM
Hey dudes, easy question. I'm going on vacation and I won't have access to any USB laptops to charge my iPod Shuffle so I was wondering if all I need to purchase is the iPod Shuffle dock. Thanks!

lamina
Apr 2, 2006, 11:19 AM
the iPod shuffle dock is just a fancy USB plug. What you need is the USB wall charger, as the dock will not plug into a wall.

GoCubsGo
Apr 2, 2006, 12:47 PM
But of course if you want a dock I do have one brand new for sale. It comes with the box, but the package was opened to check to see if it worked.
:)

Afro1989
Apr 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
The iPod Shuffle doesn't just plug into the wall charger though, correct? Won't I need a wall charger and a dock?

RBMaraman
Apr 2, 2006, 02:03 PM
The iPod Shuffle doesn't just plug into the wall charger though, correct? Won't I need a wall charger and a dock?

No. All you need is a wall charger. The "Dock" is nothing more than a fancy USB extension cable.

Afro1989
Apr 2, 2006, 02:46 PM
How would I not need a dock? I can't just plug the Shuffle into the wall charger. I just tried it. I'm confused!

RBMaraman
Apr 2, 2006, 03:04 PM
How would I not need a dock? I can't just plug the Shuffle into the wall charger. I just tried it. I'm confused!

The iPod Shuffle has a USB connection which plugs into a laptop, correct? Yes. The wall power adaptor (the new models made for iPod) have a USB connection. Simply plug it in.

You need the USB wall plug adaptor for iPod. NOT one with a FireWire port, and NOT one for a laptop. You need to buy the USB iPod Power Adaptor. Search the Apple Store.

TEG
Apr 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
The Shuffle will plug into any USB port, the new PowerBricks are USB, the old ones are Firewire. A Shuffle will not work or charge over Firewire. You need a USB powerbrick.

TEG

Afro1989
Apr 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
Oh, I see. I have the Firewire power brick. Thanks again.

Glenn Wolsey
Apr 2, 2006, 03:30 PM
But of course if you want a dock I do have one brand new for sale. It comes with the box, but the package was opened to check to see if it worked.
:)

How much? I want one.