Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhugh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Is it possible to put WMA 9 format into the iPod?
The last time I've tried it, the song didn't show up in my iPod.

A sort of related but another question: Does anyone know a good third-party software (not iTune) other than anapod manager? I have anapod manager, but it's frustrating, because at times it doesn't recognize my iPod and keeps asking for transaction ID which I didn't save.

Thanks in advance.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
mhugh said:
Is it possible to put WMA 9 format into the iPod?
The last time I've tried it, the song didn't show up in my iPod.

A sort of related but another question: Does anyone know a good third-party software (not iTune) other than anapod manager? I have anapod manager, but it's frustrating, because at times it doesn't recognize my iPod and keeps asking for transaction ID which I didn't save.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, it's not possible, but iTunes should be able to convert WMA's to an iPod readable format. Also, in the future, you'll probably get more/better help if you have a discriptive subject, like "Can iPod play WMA 9?", rather than a generic "Help." :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Just convert the WM9 file into an iPod-compatible format, then put it on your iPod.

Also, don't use generic, useless thread titles such as "Help !" - few people pay attention to these and it doesn't really help people to know what you are asking. :cool:

mhugh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Anyone know of a good 3rd-party iPod manager?

Thanks everyone for all the helpful comments.

I did consider being more specific about the kind of help in the title,
but I've decided not to because I had two questions.

But I've took everyone's advice and put the question in the title.

Anyone know of a good 3rd-party iPod manager?

Thanks again everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.