PDA

View Full Version : Help !

mhugh
Apr 2, 2006, 03:28 PM
Is it possible to put WMA 9 format into the iPod?
The last time I've tried it, the song didn't show up in my iPod.

A sort of related but another question: Does anyone know a good third-party software (not iTune) other than anapod manager? I have anapod manager, but it's frustrating, because at times it doesn't recognize my iPod and keeps asking for transaction ID which I didn't save.

Thanks in advance.

stridey
Apr 2, 2006, 03:30 PM
Is it possible to put WMA 9 format into the iPod?
The last time I've tried it, the song didn't show up in my iPod.

A sort of related but another question: Does anyone know a good third-party software (not iTune) other than anapod manager? I have anapod manager, but it's frustrating, because at times it doesn't recognize my iPod and keeps asking for transaction ID which I didn't save.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, it's not possible, but iTunes should be able to convert WMA's to an iPod readable format. Also, in the future, you'll probably get more/better help if you have a discriptive subject, like "Can iPod play WMA 9?", rather than a generic "Help." :)

~Shard~
Apr 2, 2006, 03:36 PM
Just convert the WM9 file into an iPod-compatible format, then put it on your iPod.

Also, don't use generic, useless thread titles such as "Help !" - few people pay attention to these and it doesn't really help people to know what you are asking. :cool:

grapes911
Apr 2, 2006, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that only the Windows version of iTunes can convert songs from WMA.

~Shard~
Apr 2, 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that only the Windows version of iTunes can convert songs from WMA.

I wasn't thinking about iTunes specifically, but one of these apps (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=convert+WMA+MP3&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8). :cool:

grapes911
Apr 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
I wasn't thinking about iTunes specifically, but one of these apps (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=convert+WMA+MP3&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8). :cool:

I guess I should have used a quote. I wasn't referring to your post.

. . . but iTunes should be able to convert WMA's to an iPod readable format.

stridey
Apr 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
/me stands corrected. :p

mhugh
Apr 2, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone for all the helpful comments.

I did consider being more specific about the kind of help in the title,
but I've decided not to because I had two questions.

But I've took everyone's advice and put the question in the title.

Anyone know of a good 3rd-party iPod manager?

Thanks again everyone.

~Shard~
Apr 2, 2006, 04:25 PM
I guess I should have used a quote. I wasn't referring to your post.

Ah, gotcha - sorry 'bout that.. ;)